Chrysler 300 SRT-8

Sony

Car(s)
159 ti
People, Top Gear(Clarkson) does not equal objective automotive journalism... Never did never will. This car's handling has been praised on tests.

And it looks just amazing. A classy brute.

Steve Levin

Master of Disaster
Car(s)
Spec Racer Ford!
People, Top Gear(Clarkson) does not equal objective automotive journalism... Never did never will. This car's handling has been praised on tests.

Actually, in one of his specials he ran the M5 against it at Willow Springs; the M5 was, of course, better, but not miles better (although I'd certainly trade my car for an M5 if it wasn't for that pesky additional 40 grand!).

One of the biggest issues the 300 has -- an open differential -- has been solved on my car since I installed the LSD used in the real Mercs. Make a huge difference.

Steve

Necx0

Car(s)
R31 Skyline, Charade rally car
Good to see you enjoy the performance of your car!!! Especially putting an LSD in it, throttle steer ftw!!!!

Can you get rid of the ESP though?

Mischief007

Car(s)
1995 Chevy Camaro Z28, 04 VW Jetta GLS
Looks good Steve.

Did you fully replace the grill on your 300? Did it have those plastic clips/crap that was holding the grill?

Steve Levin

Master of Disaster
Car(s)
Spec Racer Ford!
Actually, the top strip of the grill with the emblem is stock -- the rest of the grill was cut away. It's not as perfect a fit as I'd like, but it's one of those things that you really have to stare at to notice, and I don't fancy taking the fascia off yet again right now. :)

With the SRT-8 you actually have three settings for the ESP:

1) On.
2) Off
3) Deactivated

I've heard that "Off" is just a reduction of ESP to 20% of the "On" level, but Deactivated is definitely full bore not working.

That said, with the LSD, there's no reason to turn it off unless you want to get sideways -- the "On" yaw limits are pretty generous for even the track now that the traction control effectively never comes on.

Steve

Sony

Car(s)
159 ti
do you have special tyres only for trackdays or do you have the same ones which you use every day ? How long do the tyres last ?

Steve Levin

Master of Disaster
Car(s)
Spec Racer Ford!
do you have special tyres only for trackdays or do you have the same ones which you use every day ? How long do the tyres last ?

I'm running the stock "performance" tires thae car came with -- Goodyear Eagle F1's, 245/45/20 in the front and 255/45/20 at the rear. (the other option for tires on the car are the Eagle RSA's, which are less sticky but probably work in the wet :) )

I've just had to replace the fronts at 13,500 miles, mainly because the outer edges are worn down, and I've got two more big tracks (Willow Springs and Thunderhill) coming up in the next few weeks, with at least one more (two if I can make it work) after that before year's end.

My buddy has a 2-eleven on order for January delivery, so I want to be as primed as possible to help him shake it down once it gets here. :)

Steve

Steve Levin

Master of Disaster
Car(s)
Spec Racer Ford!
From last week at Thunderhill Raceway:

main.php

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5
Chased by two Minis? That pic belongs in a magazine ad.

WannabeSS

Car(s)
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ
Cool car! Lots of grunt, but HUGE, and the interior is lacking a bit for a 40k car.

Still cool though to see you bouncing around a track lol

watto

Unloved and lacking a title
Car(s)
2013 Holden Cruze SRi Series 2
The interior definitely sucks, though.

Steve

Oh, interesting comment there. May I ask, if the interior "definitely sucks", then why did you buy it? I mean, sure, the performance is impressive and I like the looks of it but the interior is where you spend all your time and you're constantly looking at it!

WannabeSS

Car(s)
2003 Chevy Trailblazer LTZ
I think the shape makes it seem bigger than it is..it's the same as an E class Merc...so not particular huge. The interior definitely sucks, though.

Steve

lol for the large price tag this car goes for, i couldnt live with this interior. Just look at that steering wheel lol
97.jpg

I guess though, i'd have to drive it lol

JipJopJones

Car(s)
1979 Cressida Wagon, 1981 Corolla Hardtop
I honestly don't know what everyone has against the chrysler interiors.... My fried has a Magnum and the interior, while plasticy, is still quite comfortable. I've driven for 600km + and not had one ache.

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5
I rented a Magnum for a long road trip, and it's okay... the steering wheel didn't feel very nice, but it wasn't horrid if you paid attention to the road rather than the car. They completely dropped the ball on the new Sebring though. That is a total disaster inside and out(also judging by a brand-new rental).

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
You need some power upgrades, heh.

Can anyone say supercharger? :evil:

Elmo187

Car(s)
Cobalt SS/SC-SN95 5.0 Stang-Toyota Corolla AE86
I didn't think that the chysler engines took FI as well as the other brands.

Samuel Hubinette's (US D1GP 2007 Champion) daily driven, 600+hp Charger SRT/8 is supercharged....
[YOUTUBE]OChjSF2juqY[/YOUTUBE]

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
That's hot...