Chrysler 300 SRT-8

As far as interior quality of the G8, keep in mind (from the Aussie review) that the GTO sold in America already had an upgraded interior compared to the Austalian Monaro; so we may be comparing apples and oranges.

Steve

Based on what I'm hearing/reading of the new Malibu, the G8 should likely make the Ford and Chrysler both have to seriously step up their game, and even make Benz and BMW take notice. Of course the Pontiac will likely lack all the extra toys of the Germans, which is probably where they save the money.

very nice mate, really like the 300C, Gangsta stylee :lol:

Since you seem do trackdays a lot. Do you have a favourite car to race against ? I know you mentioned a few cars in this topic but anyway which cars do you find are approx. as fast around a track as your srt ?
Is it possible to rent a track for a day with a few friends and then race ? You ever do that ? I imagine it would be a lot of fun seeing the differences in handling and acceleration first hand when racing a car more or less as fast as yours (in a Best Motoring manner).

While I've thought about renting a track myself, the truth is, I just don't have enough friends to make it worthwhile. Figure that it costs a good $5,000 to rent the track for a day -- $7,500 it you want that day to be on a weekend.

And to be honest, there are plenty of groups that already have the marketing done where I can pay them 200-300 dollars and let them worry about everything. I could easy do 1 or more tracks days a week if I wanted -- there's plenty of choice already out there (and that's one of the reasons that starting a new company doing track days is a bit of an uphill battle).

As far as speed, it really depends. Driving skill has a lot to do with it. I've run the same pace as more than one poorly driven Corvette, for example. More than one 911 has been right at my pace...as well as 350z's and Minis.

Then again, really well driven Mini's with track tires have smoked my behind more than once. But typically there is always someone that's running about the same pace. Usually more than one someone.

All that said, I'm probably going to do fewer trackdays with he 300 in 2008 and start racing a Spec Racer Ford instead in SCCA competition.

Steve