Chrysler 300 SRT-8

Steve Levin

Master of Disaster
Car(s)
Spec Racer Ford!
I've just finished changing the grille, pulling off the mouldings and adding a small rear window spoiler because I liked the look of it. And I've pulled the resonators off the exhaust (but left the muffler) to give it a little more bark.

300-1.jpg

300-2.jpg

It's a lot of fun!

Steve

Last edited:
I'm too old and fat to fit into an entry level BMW :)

I considered the Charger, but decided that, now that I'm turning 40, I didn't need a car with a large hood scoop and a giant wing on the tail.

But 0-60 in 5 seconds flat is... fun :)

Steve

Wow, that grille looks so much better than the standard one! The window spoiler is a nice, subtle touch too.

I considered the Charger, but decided that, now that I'm turning 40, I didn't need a car with a large hood scoop and a giant wing on the tail.

Then, when ordering your car, you check the "delete spoiler" and "delete hood scoop" option. ;)

Not that I'm recomending a Charger to anyone. It's proportions are wrong for it's shape (should be a coupe) but I'll be damned if they aren't imposing.

I'm too old and fat to fit into an entry level BMW :)

But 0-60 in 5 seconds flat is... fun :)

Steve

So I assume the new Challenger was not taken into consideration?

Well, I'm sure it was...but there are limits in space and time in which you cannot buy a vehicle that is not for sale, yet. ;)

I wouldn't have waited for the Challenger because I wanted a four door saloon. Boring, I know, but practical. It also lays the groundwork for me to give it to my wife in a couple of years and replace it with something more interesting, like a Maserati or something. I really like the new GranTurismo, but I need to let someone else buy it and take the depreciation hit of the first 2 years ownership before I can afford it :)

Steve

What a beautiful car that is especially with the new grill. saw one of these the other night in black and my god it looked good, sounded good as well.

Very clean and imposing.

I wouldn't have waited for the Challenger because I wanted a four door saloon. Boring, I know, but practical. It also lays the groundwork for me to give it to my wife in a couple of years and replace it with something more interesting, like a Maserati or something. I really like the new GranTurismo, but I need to let someone else buy it and take the depreciation hit of the first 2 years ownership before I can afford it :)

Steve

Maser depreciation is so bad that you probably need to wait only one year. It's a win-win if you crash one, you either get a new one or you get a shitload of cash because they are so rare that they can't find a comparable value. My dad crashed his coupe cambiocorsa in '03 (after a year of ownership) and he got 92% of the initial value from the insurance company.

Steve

Maserati GranTurismo: 4 doors, RWD, automatic, V8 with around 400hp. Does that combination sound familiar? ;)

Wrong car? The Maserati Gran Turismo only has 2 doors, but it has 4 seats.

That was stupid of me. I was thinking of the Gran Turismo but writing about the Quattroporte. :?

Nice touches, pulling those moulding really cleans it up. I love those cars, theyre one of the few Mopars i'd buy :D .

I saw a comparison between this and the E500 and BMW 550 and concerning speed and handling it kicked their asses, only comfort and quality went to the Germans....really nice car, and looks quite evil :D