• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Chrysler Akino concept revealed

Overheat

Forum Addict
akino-r-det.jpg

More details of Chrysler's Akino concept - which will debut at the Tokyo Motor Show next month - have been revealed.

The one-box design has a single door on the driver side and two doors on the passenger side that open in opposite directions. The arrangement allows the interior to have a booth-like rear seat with a swivelling passenger seat.

Designer Akino Tsuchiya - after whom the car is named - said that the seating configuration is designed to provide a safe, comfortable, and social environment in which to travel and that she wanted to create the feeling of being at home on the road. "I wanted the soothing, comforting feeling of a living room in the interior, surrounded by an elegant form."

The driver and passenger seats are treated like armchairs, with the rear seat more like a sofa in a traditional living room setting. Colour is also used to separate the "working space" of the driver's seat and the "living room" area: blue suede for the former and cream suede on the passenger and rear seat surfaces and lower door trim.

The roof features an interlocking form towards the rear that breaks up the design and provides more headroom for rear seat passengers.

The exterior - described as "An artful, sculptural and graceful form that was influenced by art and architecture," by Tsuchiya - also features glass at the rear that is specially coated with texture, designed to give passengers a sense of privacy and comfort.

akino-f-close.jpg
akino-sf-trees.jpg

akino-s-buildings.jpg
akino-sf.jpg

akino-s-akino.jpg
akino-f3q.jpg

chrylser-akino.jpg

i can see that it is taking the 300C grill and the Me412 head lights and it looks like a buick concept car. :thumbsdown:

I can see how they tried to combine the art-deco elements of the 300C and Crossfire into a Fiat Punto-ish one-box design. It's a shame it really doesn't work; why did they choose to delete the 300C grille between the conceptual and final stages?

that car is sooooo out of proportion.... and its not like chrysler cant design cars just look at the 300c.... that akino is revolting :puke:
how much do you not want that car???

I bet it will not go into production. And how can it be out of proportion, if it was out of proportion then it would of not been made.

TVR_Fan said:
I bet it will not go into production. And how can it be out of proportion, if it was out of proportion then it would of not been made.

the wheels are too big, the badge is too big, the windows are too small, and the flared wheel-arches make it look even worse.

:yucky: x 1000

I hate 99% of the concept cars that come outta Asia.

All that can be said is as follows.
:puke:
That is all.

given that's American, they must of used trick photography to make it appear smaller, when in fact it's as tall as a Semi and as wide as a hummeer :lol:

Those wheels look like the inside of a BBQ lid :? :yucky: I certainly hope thats not the future of the 'small car'.

astroboymoto said:
given that's American, they must of used trick photography to make it appear smaller, when in fact it's as tall as a Semi and as wide as a hummeer :lol:
It's not even close to American. First, it's outta Japan. Second, Diamler-Chrysler is way more German than American now.

The car is super ugly, but the wheels are hot!