• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Chrysler cans ME Four-Twelve supercar

Overheat

Forum Addict
f3q-a.jpg

It was the surprise sensation of last year's Detroit Auto Show, but Chrysler has confirmed this week that the ME Four-Twelve supercar will not go into production. It could have been the fastest road car in the world, with an 850 bhp, quad-turbo 12-cylinder engine good for nearly 250mph, but the cost of "hundreds of millions of dollars" to bring it to production was deemed just too much at a time when the company is still undergoing a financial restructuring programme. A spokesman told Detroit News this week that "we're proud of the excitement it generated around the world. But we could not make a legitimate business case for it." This news is really no surprise, but disappointed supercar enthusiasts should keep an eye on the car Chrysler is to unveil in Detroit next week: the slightly more affordable Firepower, a 425 bhp, 185mph sister model to the Dodge Viper will make its debut, and it's a dead cert for production.

I don't think it makes a good business case for Chrysler, as they are in the process of restructuring. Plus, I think it looks like ass.

I think it looks gorgeous, besides the big Chrysler logo. Plus, I always like seeing the boundaries pushed, which is why this seems a shame for me.

Daniel said:
I was looking forward to this car. I wanted it to beat every record so that there are no discussion about fastest car in the world.... :)
You'll find that with the Veyron. :)

I'm not surprised either... I won't be surprised if the Veyron doesn't go into production either

It's the same story with all these budget brand Hypercars. They are built for prestige purposes and die rather quickly because there is no market for a VW/Opel whatever supercar.

Daniel said:
If it comes out, and if it does so I dont think those 1001 horses will be kicking...
I have faith that it will come out as good as or better than they've let on.

Daniel said:
Dr. Woo said:
Daniel said:
I was looking forward to this car. I wanted it to beat every record so that there are no discussion about fastest car in the world.... :)

If it comes out, and if it does so I dont think those 1001 horses will be kicking...
And it will be rather pointless once the lighter 806hp Koenigsegg CCR comes out. :roll:

chaos386 said:
And it will be rather pointless once the lighter 806hp Koenigsegg CCR comes out. :roll:
Torque: 679 ft-lbs

Not enough, methinks. Plus, it's RWD. According to ultimatecarpage.com, its 0-60 is 3.1 seconds, which is slower than the Bugatti (2.9).

Dr. Woo said:
chaos386 said:
Torque: 679 ft-lbs

Not enough, methinks. Plus, it's RWD. According to ultimatecarpage.com, its 0-60 is 3.1 seconds, which is slower than the Bugatti (2.9).
Has either one been tested, or are those just projected figures? And then there's the question of handling...

Dr. Woo said:
Daniel said:

IF.. They sell one. Ithink a supercar with 1000 bhp in countries where the speed limit is 70 MPH are not a good mix

The ME412.. What a beautiful car.. I loove it :love: :oops:

Ethan said:
IF.. They sell one. Ithink a supercar with 1000 bhp in countries where the speed limit is 70 MPH are not a good mix
They've already sold several.
Daniel said:
I dont think so.Not with that new guy running Volkswagen. He really disliked the idea...
It's true he doesn't like it, but he's not prepared to take a financial hit by scrapping the program. Plus, he'd get lauded by those in the company who still idolize Pieche.