Chrysler now courting Hyundai for potential merger-and you thought your ex was a slut

Let's face it, Jeep is pretty hard to screw up. Unless they make the Wrangler front-wheel drive on an extended Sonata platform with dual-zone climate controls, it's a hard formula to mess around with.

What's more interesting is to see what other models will be FUBAR'd later. Remember the Jeepster? Soon they'll be talking about the Commander, Compass, and Patriot along the same veins: interesting yet obscure footnotes in Jeep's history of trying to extend its market.

Exactly my point. As long as you stay true to the forumla on the Halo model, you will win every time. The JK wrangler has been flying off the dealer lots, I see them everywhere.

I agree, it's just the thought of Jeep being owned by one of car fanatics sworn enemies.... Korean Auto makers! :lol:

Exactly my point. As long as you stay true to the forumla on the Halo model, you will win every time. The JK wrangler has been flying off the dealer lots, I see them everywhere.

The JK is awesome, I'd get one in a heartbeat. :D

Despite Reuters reports of Hyundai's interest in Chrysler and specifically the Jeep brand, Hyundai has gone on record denying it. We've grown accustomed to automakers giving the arbitrary "no comment" response when the rumormill swirls with corporate takeover talk, but Hyundai has flat-out denied any interest at all. Almost in the same sentence, though, officials from the Korean automaker state that the company is interested in constructing new plants overseas, so we wonder if there's any fire behind the smokescreen, possibly outside the United States. Perhaps not.

There still remains the chance that Chrysler's automotive operations will be parted out and sold to the highest bidder, regardless of who that party may be. At the very least, Cerberus could decide to sell manufacturing plants to various automakers like Hyundai or the Nissan/Renault alliance, whose offer for 20% of the ailing American automaker may not seem so bad after all.

This is just getting sad. Chrysler is like an ugly girl looking for a prom date.

^ I agree, Chrysler are reeeeeeeeeeeeally lucky this doesn't get mainstream media coverage.

I wonder if I could scrape together the change on my desk and buy them.

This is just getting sad. Chrysler is like an ugly girl looking for a prom date.

Just like my junior prom...I'll take her. :dunno:

Call me back, Bob! Please? I still gotta find flowers...