Chrysler to revive classic logo to celebrate freedom from Daimler!

Mopar Man

<a href="http://forums.finalgear.com/general-autom
Car(s)
2007 Dodge Ram 3500 Mega-Cab
In order to celebrate its new found freedom after being divorced from DaimlerChrysler AG, the newly minted Chrysler Corp. will ditch its current winged logo and return to the famous Pentastar logo. The Detroit Free Press is reporting that a senior executive has already emailed some Chrysler employees about the switch back to the old logo after learning about it in a meeting Monday night with veeps and senior management. In addition, the Pentastar will get a redesign to update its look.

Apparently this email from a senior exec included a few interesting tidbits, including that Cerberus CEO Stephen Feinberg regrets naming his company after the mythological three-headed dog that guards the gates of Hell. We also learn that Feinberg owns Ford and Chevy pickups, which he plans to quickly trade in for a Dodge Ram. He might want to keep them around for benchmarking purposes, though.

I made up my own crappy little one I think they should use, keep the wings, but add he star. Its really bad quality, I did it in Microsoft Paint, we all know how crappy that program is. lol.

http://img507.imageshack.**/img507/3002/newchryslerlogoia9.jpg

Meh, they will redesign it to be as ugly as their new vehicles.

..and I'm a fan of Chrysler :rolleyes:

Thanks! lol

Pentastar!!! Wooo!!!!

Does this mean they'll revive the hood ornamnet as well? :lol:

No seriously, I want the hood ornamnet.

The Pentastar is one of the ugliest logos, second only to GM's "blue box"

^ :lol:

At least we don't have to see that ugly box on their actual cars, except for those annoying badges they started putting on the corners behind the front wheels. :p

I like the classic Fiat red-shield design and the blue medallion. The "Fiat" in the blue slanted boxes is not as good, but I've never seen that one on a car.

I have an idea.

The Challenge
Design a better logo for Chrysler, something that will be stylish and serve the company well without making consumers think of the Le Baron and the original Caravan.

We have some talented artists in here, I know we can do better than the simple penta-star. Use the penta-star if you want, but do something better with it than Chrysler has done in the past.

Aaaaaand GO!

You haven't seen the new one, then.

fiat_logo_26_10_06.jpg

"Firt? What's a Firt?"

Last edited:
Nope, that's the one that came up when I did my Google Image Search. It's not bad, a red shield inside a medallion with stylish lettering. I don't know where you are getting the "R," with that lettering it looks like an "A" to me.

Haha, my local Chrysler dealers have only just changed their sign from the pentastar! Now they've gotta change it back!

And in related news, with the dismal sales of Seabring and Nitro, Chrysler decided to re-introduced the K-car. :D

The Pentastar is one of the ugliest logos, second only to GM's "blue box"

With such a creative name as "General Motors" could you actually expect something better?

And in related news, with the dismal sales of Seabring and Nitro, Chrysler decided to re-introduced the K-car. :D

You *do* know that Chrysler 1) sold untold millions of the little things because they were CHEAP, and 2) still makes K-car derived products today, right?

You *do* know that Chrysler 1) sold untold millions of the little things because they were CHEAP

Doesn't stop them from being heaps of junk. And that ideal is kind of what got the big 3 into trouble (buy 'em because they are cheap, not quality products).

The repair work dealers had to do on the K-car is what saved Chrysler.

and 2) still makes K-car derived products today, right?

Most of my friends had at least 2 of 'em. And that's not counting the mini-vans.