Chrysler to revive classic logo to celebrate freedom from Daimler!

^ Some great pics of some lovely autos. How in the hell did the US firms go from world leading design and style in the early 50s to early/Mid 60s, to the. ... Sebring? I suspect myself the Bean Counters won some sort of corporate battle sometime around then.

Anyway back on topic, I like the Fratzog, looks OK.

^ Some great pics of some lovely autos. How in the hell did the US firms go from world leading design and style in the early 50s to early/Mid 60s, to the. ... Sebring? I suspect myself the Bean Counters won some sort of corporate battle sometime around then..

I've been wondering that myself, so has much of the world. I honestly don't think the bean counters could be responsible for such boring designs as the seabring, cobalt and the like. I wouldn't doubt if some retarded execs thought "everyone is buying japanese, Japanese cars are boring and cheaply priced, thats what America wants."

Then the Japanese come around and say "everyone keeps bitching our cars are boring, and ugly, lets change that" and bam, we get the Supra, RX-7, Celica, MR2, Integra, "Euro Accord" (Acura's). Meanwhile GM and Ford kill off anything with any style or performance.

The return of the Pentastar. I'm sure Tim will love it.

[YOUTUBE]UdSsvC7qOhg[/YOUTUBE]

BOOYA!!! That Tim is so hardcore, I wish I had a Dodge Aries.

I remember my cousin had some 80s Dodge Shadow that talked to you... but it wasn't that cool because it had some old man's voice.

Then the Japanese come around and say "everyone keeps bitching our cars are boring, and ugly, lets change that" and bam, we get the Supra, RX-7, Celica, MR2, Integra, "Euro Accord" (Acura's). Meanwhile GM and Ford kill off anything with any style or performance.
Yeah but did you not just notice about all the cars you mentioned are now axed, other then the RX-7 which is the RX-8 now and Acura. And Acura is having issues of there own as they are not viewed in the same light as Audi with there AWD cars, and no where near BMW in performance.

But what those cars did was build some brand image, and brand loyalty in the "modern" era. The big 3 think they can live in the past and have everyone remember that '67 Fastback, but that is hard when your 25 years old. They need to release to moderate price, but exciting car for youth. Something off the wall, like say for Ford it would be to release an Focus RS in the States. Just wonder what it would do to the STi/EVO crowds as they get killed by Fords? Ford GT's and nice, but, are too high up there.

Yeah but did you not just notice about all the cars you mentioned are now axed, other then the RX-7 which is the RX-8 now and Acura. And Acura is having issues of there own as they are not viewed in the same light as Audi with there AWD cars, and no where near BMW in performance.there.
The Celica is technically still alive but with a new name, the tC.

Yeah but did you not just notice about all the cars you mentioned are now axed, other then the RX-7 which is the RX-8 now and Acura. And Acura is having issues of there own as they are not viewed in the same light as Audi with there AWD cars, and no where near BMW in performance.

But what those cars did was build some brand image, and brand loyalty in the "modern" era. The big 3 think they can live in the past and have everyone remember that '67 Fastback, but that is hard when your 25 years old. They need to release to moderate price, but exciting car for youth. Something off the wall, like say for Ford it would be to release an Focus RS in the States. Just wonder what it would do to the STi/EVO crowds as they get killed by Fords? Ford GT's and nice, but, are too high up there.

I agree completely. I was only talking about styling though.

The very problem the "Detroit 3" have these days is they are trying to survive on a brand image that doesn't exist anymore, and hasn't for long enough to ruin them for a large number of car buyers. The only reason why I'm even a fan of many American cars is because I grew up around hot rodders, but I wouldn't go near any current market car made by GM/Ford/Chrysler.

Personally I think the most BORING logo of ANY car company is by FAR Audi, its just 4 damn rings interlocked, when I was little I thought those cars had the olympic logo on them.

Guys remember, the GM logo was made over 100 years ago, I mean, is it really as bad as, dare I saw, the japanese flag?

Besides I have a new Chevrolet Avalanche and I sort of like the fact it has the little GM badge on it, it makes it look more.......prominent.

Yeah, I like the little square chrome GM badges on the new cars. Looks cool.
I don't see how a tiny square with 2 block letters can possibly be "ugly".

Personally I think the most BORING logo of ANY car company is by FAR Audi, its just 4 damn rings interlocked

Each ring represents somthing. A logo with an obscure reason or hidden backround is cool (e.g. the BMW propeller).

when I was little I thought those cars had the olympic logo on them.

:lol:, so did I. I think everyone did.

if you ask me, the little GM badge looks fantastic. It's crisp and its not like "HEY YO! LOOK AT ME!" its just there, probably making sure that the other letters don't goof off and rearrange themselves to make a swear. lol

http://img393.imageshack.**/img393/2218/vlcsnap1262723dv7.png

It still looks stupid though.

The wings rock. Any time I see the star, all I can think about is shitacular cars from the 90's.