• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Chunnel prices

YF19pilot

Car(s)
2006 Honda Civic Coupe
I'm doing some research into how much it would cost to do a tour of europe, and I was wondering how much it costs to take a car through the chunnel one way. If it's different prices france>england than england>france, please let me know.

Google and various other sites aren't being helpful...

SiR_dude said:
Maybe you're spelling it wrong? It's "channel" :lol: :lol:

Sorry, just messing with you mate :mrgreen: I can't help out here

As much fun as it sounds, I don't think a rental would last very long if I took it through the channel...

MixtriX knows what I'm talking about.

i'm also planning a trip to visit a few european countries. I think it's best if u take those trains or whatever to get around.

well, I'm trying to find the cheapest way for me to fly to europe and take a rental car around the Nurburgring.

so far london is the cheapest airfare, though I haven't compared overall cost for flying into paris or frankfurt and renting a car from there (though if I were to fly to frankfurt, they'll probably make me sign an agreement not to take the car to nurburgring)

Ben Lovejoy's great 'Ring site said:
Hertz has sent letters to two Ringers advising that they have been spotted using their rental cars on the Ring and as a result have been subjected to a worldwide ban on hiring Hertz cars.
:shock:
It's not like there are hundreds of other car rental companies around, but watch out nonetheless. You don't want to walk into a random Hertz a week later and see a sign with your picture on it saying "Don't serve this guy! He was on the 'Ring!" :lol:

BlaRo said:
Ben Lovejoy's great 'Ring site said:
Hertz has sent letters to two Ringers advising that they have been spotted using their rental cars on the Ring and as a result have been subjected to a worldwide ban on hiring Hertz cars.
:shock:
It's not like there are hundreds of other car rental companies around, but watch out nonetheless. You don't want to walk into a random Hertz a week later and see a sign with your picture on it saying "Don't serve this guy! He was on the 'Ring!" :lol:

Well, it wouldn't hurt me none to not be able to rent from hertz, seeing as I get employee discounts if I rent from Enterprise...

But I checked out the link for Avis, and they seem rather cheap. So, looking into it, if I were to fly into Frankfurt and rent a car from the airport, it's about $300 cheaper, and gives me more time on the Nurburgring. The only thing is that I don't get to see England, but it does leave things open if I wanted to drive up to Oslo...

Renesis said:
SiR_dude said:
MixtriX said:
^^no, its chunnel

channel tunnel

:p

:shock: Is that really what they call it??

*Opens mouth, inserts foot*

:lol:

obviously not, it's the channel...

or le canal de la manche :)

In fact, the brits call it the chunnel.

Try Eurostar. It's the chunnel company.

For someone so far away, you're being quite picky, trying to correct the ones that use it the most. :p

Renesis is a name!

chunnel is a spelling error of the world channel!

anyway, let's just call it le canal de la manche!

it's not a spelling error because it is a shortening of "Channel Tunnel"...

I don't want to waste my time writing 5 french words, I want to waste my time writing chunnel instead because it's easier AND it isn't fench! :)