Citroen C5X - 2021

jack_christie

Forum Addict
“When we showed it to people in clinics, the best compliment we got was when they said they didn’t know what it is,” says Citroen’s design director Pierre Leclerc, talking about his new big car, the C5X.
The focus with the C5 X is on roominess, though, both in the cabin and in the 545-litre boot (again, slightly bigger than the 508 SW’s) that will apparently hold a washing machine when the seats are folded and the full 1,640 litres space is revealed.
range-topping 225bhp plug-in hybrid. It’ll do ‘more than 31 miles’ WLTP in electric-only mode.

I like it, but I would prefer it to be a true estate rather than a part-crossover mutant. It would look far better as a low-slung car for eating up highway miles. The Citroen approach to comfort should make it ideal for crossing the US when you don't need a lot of sportiness, but plan to spend thousands of miles and several days behind the wheel.

I'd love to see Citroen return to the US and maybe start as a premium rental fleet to get Americans used to their cars again.

This looks like a good contender to the 508 SW hybrid longass named wagon. Bring on the wagons!