• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

Citroen's new c4 ad

v0od0o

Car(s)
981 CS
hehehe awesome, download and watch here, what do you think? :wink:

yeah, awesome isn't it.
I've heard about a mini ad featuring a robot too but haven't seen that, anybody did?

one of my favorites is the one for honda accord, with the seqeunce of moving autoparts

LOL :lol: That was great! respect for Citroen for making it.

Previously my favourite car ad was teh Celica ad where the dog runs into it (cause it looks like it moving) but this one is way better

muumipeikko said:
LOL :lol: That was great! respect for Citroen for making it.

Previously my favourite car ad was teh Celica ad where the dog runs into it (cause it looks like it moving) but this one is way better

Completely off topic... Muumupeikko, where did you get that photo of the smashed "Top Gear Toyota pickup"?

Great stuff! I cannot imagine the job implied to make that film but the effect is surreal.

Thanks for the link!

idletask said:
Completely off topic... Muumupeikko, where did you get that photo of the smashed "Top Gear Toyota pickup"?

I took it myself at the Birmingham motor show last may, top gear brought the indestructible toyota there...

That's really bizzare - they filmed that commercial in Vancouver and Citroen's aren't even sold Canada. :?

I actually have some of my classes in the building in the background with the large circular top:
TowerAtDusk_lo.jpg

wow cool, so u gotta know that car park they were filming in...
But then again, could it not be that they dropped that in later and they never filmed in Canada? I have no idea how they'd film that anyway

v0od0o said:
I have no idea how they'd film that anyway

hehehehehehe ever heard of special effects Voodo?! LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just kiddin' :mrgreen:

^^ Well the robot parts are all obvious CG, but the stationary shot of the car at the beginning and end would have been done with the actual car in the parking lot.

I've been trying to figure out where exactly it was filmed, and it looks like it would have been done right in one of the seaport\dock areas in Vancouver. They probably just shipped the car in and shipped it back out again.

Edit: Actually, I was wrong, it was done on a parking lot on the opposite side of Harbour Center. I've actually parked a few times in the lot where it was filmed. :)

Jostyrostelli said:
v0od0o said:
I have no idea how they'd film that anyway

hehehehehehe ever heard of special effects Voodo?! LOL :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just kiddin' :mrgreen:
No I didn't, what are these :p :p
Seriously though, it's just that when I come to think of it, the robot looked like it has been constructed for real... dunno, looks very good to me that I find it hard to believe it's all cg. Still it could be, what do I know...

Cool ad!
Not sure I would want my car to come apart and start dancing in the parking lot though :lol: .

zenon said:
That's really bizzare - they filmed that commercial in Vancouver and Citroen's aren't even sold Canada. :?
Isn't everything filmed in Canada these days :lol: .

hanasand said:
Im still wondering wheter the surroundings are partly CG or not. The skyscape
seems to perfect and static..
It's not. As I said earlier, I have classes just blocks away from there and have parked in that parking lot quite a few times. It's not CG.

Edit: The studio that did the CG (Embassy Visual Effects) is located in Vancouver, so I guess that explains why it was filmed here. :)

wow, those guys are cool :D
It's gotta be so much fun when u do something like this for a living

You can also download some of their other works here
hehe it's not supposed to be browsable and downloadable I guess these vids open in quicktime inside the browser if you get to the site normally, but I guess their administrator was not very wise and left the browsing permission on the directory.
The vids are cool, take a look at the 2 nike ads too :)