• The development of any software program, including, but not limited to, training a machine learning or artificial intelligence (AI) system, is prohibited using the contents and materials on this website.

"CIVIL WAR!"- ZO6 vs SRT-10 vs GT head to head com

niteriyder

Active Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2005
Messages
345
Location
Sunny California
Car(s)
99 FRC VETTE
http://img442.imageshack.**/img442/4192/cw3ng.png
http://img110.imageshack.**/img110/7097/z06vsgtvsviper18xt.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.**/img110/333/z06vsgtvsviper27tl.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.**/img110/3390/z06vsgtvsviper37kq.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.**/img110/44/z06vsgtvsviper49qg.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.**/img110/5374/z06vsgtvsviper52ey.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.**/img110/7250/z06vsgtvsviper61fs.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.**/img110/9143/z06vsgtvsviper70zh.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.**/img110/2470/z06vsgtvsviper80sp.jpg
http://img110.imageshack.**/img110/3625/z06vsgtvsviper92qa.jpg

Those 0-60 and 1/4 times suck, talk about a shitty driver
 
Thanks for scanning. Decent article.
 
how is the vette as quick as the GT around a track? :bangin:
i find that unlikely.
and i never knew the GT was that heavy, its actually 3385 lbs according to ford though.
 
Depends on the conditions, those ultra good imes advertized are way too corrected, those might be closer to reality
 
That Z06...in that color... :drool:

The GT is a phenomenal car, sexy looking, astonishingly fast, etc., but those vents are cheap-looking. Thus, it is a horrible car. :lol:
 
Renesis said:
Depends on the conditions, those ultra good imes advertized are way too corrected, those might be closer to reality

well i can say for sure that in every magazine and in every individual testing of each car they pulled out some outstanding numbers...maybe it was the type of conditions they dealt kept the cars from pulling better numbers
 
^thats a pic of the blue devil in your sig right? and not the ZO6?
 
bartboy9891 said:
^thats a pic of the blue devil in your sig right? and not the ZO6?

I think he has it as the "supposed" blue devil, but it looks exactly like the Z06.
 
BlaRo said:
The GT is a phenomenal car, sexy looking, astonishingly fast, etc., but those vents are cheap-looking. Thus, it is a horrible car. :lol:
Those vents...are straight off the Mustang. :lol: American automakers really don't understand this supercar thing, do they?

I'm not too surpised that the Vette could keep up with the GT, it has excellent handling and nearly the same power-to-weight ratio. Ford definately has something to think about if the much cheaper Z06 can keep up with their supercar. But I think Dodge is walking away with the biggest black eye here, it's starting to show that their sports car is only a muscle car in reality.
 
Raven18940 said:
Ford definately has something to think about if the much cheaper Z06 can keep up with their supercar.

While this would be true in competitive theory, the thing is that Ford has absolutely no reason to worry. Ford will sell every single GT they decide to build, within hours of building it. A Z06 is a phenomenal car, but it lacks the sheer presence that the GT carries. There's just something about the GT, even moreso in person than in pictures, that just draws attention like a magnet. If I could bottle that essence, I'd sell it as an aphrodesiac and be a millionaire. It's that undefineable thing that the GT has, that makes numbers seem a little less meaningful. People looking to buy a GT won't suddenly decide to go for the Z06, unless they're diehard Vette fans.

That being said, I'm sure Chevrolet will have no issues selling Z06's either. If anyone should be rethinking their game plan because of the Z06, it's Chrysler. The Viper, while an imposing beast, isn't cutting it like it used to, and I see a horsepower bump and a price cut in the near future for the SRT-10.
 
BerserkerCatSplat said:
Raven18940 said:
Ford definately has something to think about if the much cheaper Z06 can keep up with their supercar.

While this would be true in competitive theory, the thing is that Ford has absolutely no reason to worry. Ford will sell every single GT they decide to build, within hours of building it. A Z06 is a phenomenal car, but it lacks the sheer presence that the GT carries. There's just something about the GT, even moreso in person than in pictures, that just draws attention like a magnet. If I could bottle that essence, I'd sell it as an aphrodesiac and be a millionaire. It's that undefineable thing that the GT has, that makes numbers seem a little less meaningful. People looking to buy a GT won't suddenly decide to go for the Z06, unless they're diehard Vette fans.

That being said, I'm sure Chevrolet will have no issues selling Z06's either. If anyone should be rethinking their game plan because of the Z06, it's Chrysler. The Viper, while an imposing beast, isn't cutting it like it used to, and I see a horsepower bump and a price cut in the near future for the SRT-10.

Well said - agree entirely
 
Man that SRT-10 Coupe is gorgeous... :drool:
 
IMHO, it's the ugly duckling of the 3...
 
bartboy9891 said:
^thats a pic of the blue devil in your sig right? and not the ZO6?

nope it's a ZO6 being tested at the 'ring. Dave hill said it himself that it wasn't the blue devil.
 
While we're at it, here's Autocar's test.
http://img449.imageshack.**/img449/3184/z060011lr.th.jpg http://img449.imageshack.**/img449/390/z060026yg.th.jpg http://img449.imageshack.**/img449/3548/z060034dy.th.jpg http://img449.imageshack.**/img449/2121/z060045ur.th.jpg http://img449.imageshack.**/img449/6813/z060053sb.th.jpg
 
I was about to say, "Great cars, all three," but the Viper just isn't that great anymore.

Z06 and GT, however...MAGNIFICENT cars. If money were no object, I'd definitely take the GT, but the Corvette is certainly not much of a step down.

_
_ _
_ _
_ _
_ _
_ _ _
_ _ _
_ _ _
F C D

Ford, Chevy, Dodge. That's where I'd rank them.
 
If money was no object, I would definitely get all three. But the Z0-6 gets my pick.

As far as design goes, I think the ford looks the best. The Corvette is too plain and static, yet I like the simplistic powerful stance. The front air dam could be more agressive, the rectangle opening doesn't really work with the rest of the car. I like the viper, but I like the curves of the old viper coupe better. The rear of the new coupe looks to big-behinded. The proportions of the front to the back are a bit iffy.
 
Raven18940 said:
BlaRo said:
The GT is a phenomenal car, sexy looking, astonishingly fast, etc., but those vents are cheap-looking. Thus, it is a horrible car. :lol:
Those vents...are straight off the Mustang. :lol: American automakers really don't understand this supercar thing, do they?

I'm not too surpised that the Vette could keep up with the GT, it has excellent handling and nearly the same power-to-weight ratio. Ford definately has something to think about if the much cheaper Z06 can keep up with their supercar. But I think Dodge is walking away with the biggest black eye here, it's starting to show that their sports car is only a muscle car in reality.
seriously, im positive that Ford couldnt care less. How about this one, did Ferrari even care when the GT came out? no, not even slightly. and that is a much closer comparison than the GT is to the ZO6. ;)
 
I would take the GT for sure I think. I love the Z06 to death, but the GT is so much more appealing.

Such a tough decision.
 
Top