Clarkson: Clarkson a 'Hero' after Wounding Hislop

for non UK'ers.... the sun, mirror, daily mail, daily star, the people and to an extent the express are pretty much all garabge and are only worth reading for entertainment value rather than for actual news.

I would put the mail/express about level then mirror and sun and the star/people way way below. The mail/express/mirror/sun generally have actual news, they are just quite selective about what news they carry (and put a bit of a spin on it) with the mail/express it is generally for political reasons - e.g. the mail with its "immigrants invading" stuff. The mirror and the sun it is to get it to the level where the readers can understand - I seem to remember reading the average sun reader has the ability of a typical 10 year old.

the star and people don't even bother starting with news its just celebrities and tits (or so i've heard:lol:).

Ian Hislop was left bleeding from a puncture wound to his face after a confrontation with Jeremy Clarkson on Have I Got News For You.

LMAO why the hell would you mention puncture......

The Daily Fail, really have failed...

Especially the Australian (oops sorry - American - owned) ones. ...

You are right though our press has gone down the toilet in recent years, well not so recent years actually.

HAHA.
That makes me laff. It's like Good News Week here in Aus.
Very enjoyable, watching Jezza attack someone apart from May or Hammond.

^^
But GNW is not as good as it used to be. I miss the Glass House, that was good (Damn you Howard!)

I wonder when the "Jezza throwing shoe at Bush" macros will come out.

Just read this... and the readers' comments section, with the typical "OMG THIS IS AN OUTRAGE BLAH BLAH BLAH ETC." section in full force. Not much else to say there.

PinkOutrage.jpg

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

*big breath*

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

[rinse and repeat]

If I rolled my eyes any more they'd fall out of my head!

for non UK'ers.... the sun, mirror, daily mail, daily star, the people and to an extent the express are pretty much all garabge and are only worth reading for entertainment value rather than for actual news.

So where does the Telegraph fit in to this?

I watched the episode and at the time I thought to myself..uh oh...here comes the public cries to Ofcom to have Clarkson banned from the BBC like Ross. Seems to have gone down without too much of a flap though, which is always good.

Clarkson wrote in his Times article where Nigella Lawson (opinion: she can't cook but God she's sexy) got into trouble with the PETA-set for saying something about 'wearing a bear coat'.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/columnists/jeremy_clarkson/article5336247.ece

Typical media hyperbole. The worst thing is, we can easily see how they've distorted the truth, as the original show is available for all to see. But, it makes you wonder about media coverage with concerns to terror attacks, conflict and global violence...

Typical media hyperbole. The worst thing is, we can easily see how they've distorted the truth, as the original show is available for all to see. But, it makes you wonder about media coverage with concerns to terror attacks, conflict and global violence...

Very good point.

^^
But GNW is not as good as it used to be.

Yeah. I suspect that GNW had to be watered down to fit in with the rest of the whole "We're so hip and cool" Channel 10 image. Let's face it, proper satire just isn't popular. Just look what happened to the Chaser's War on Everything.

So where does the Telegraph fit in to this?

The Daily Telegraph, Times, Guardian and Independent are the traditional "broadsheet" papers although the DT is the only one still printed in that format. They tend to be proper newspapers with serious news and opinion. Grauniad and Indie have a load of leftie BS though....

Telegraph is known as the Torygraph for a reason, it's definately right biased. Still the best of the uk papers in my opinion.