Clarkson: Clarkson admits he drove at 186mph on public road

TurnerGTX

Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has admitted driving at an incredible 186mph on public roads!

But the motoring motormouth got away with it - and in fact has not been pulled over for speeding for at least 20 years, he told an audience at the Hay on Wye Festival.

And he went on to advocate motorists altering their number plates by a couple of digits to avoid getting caught by roadside cameras!

Jeremy, 48, had been asked by his on stage interviewer, Rosie Boycott, if his Top Gear fame helped get him out of trouble with the police.

But he categorically denied that it had ever made any difference and said he is generally 'quite a slow driver.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1022438/Jeremy-Clarkson-admits-drove-186mph-public-road.html

on "friday night with j. ross" he admitted a long time ago that he had maxed his gallardo

:lmao: Go Jeremy.

"Brigitte Chaudhry of Roadpeace said: 'Speed is responsible for around 900 road deaths and 33,000 injuries each year."

Wrong. Clarkson would be happy to point out that speed doesnt kill you, it's the sudden stop when you hit that tree.

Who was the FG member who laid down the 'lentil eating lesbian' smackdown some months back?

Not the first time people have called for his sacking, won't be the last.

Frankly I found this exchange much more interesting.

And then something very interesting happened. Mid-way through the questions-from-the-floor section, the comedian-cum-satirist Marcus Brigstocke got up, and challenged Clarkson - and this isn't quite verbatim, but anyway - as follows: "If me and people like me are wrong about climate change, what that means is that the world will carry on being as boring as you think it is. If you and your people are wrong, millions and millions will die."

Clakson's reply was rubbish: "You're not right and neither am I. These are just opinions. We can discuss this, but not now."

From here.

Wasnt clarskon pulled over for speeding in the Scaglietti race?

I'm assuming the 240MPH was in Italy. He said it was before he hit the Alps.

Could be. He also says he crossed France so fast he couldn't tell us because we would not have believed him. :blink:

Massive kudos to him for "confessing" this.
I've done 150ish mph myself, and not in Germany too 8)

If the conditions are right (nice road, good weather, no traffic, etc)
Although the 240 mph sounds like it's massively dangerous to do on a public road... :?

Massive kudos to him for "confessing" this.
I've done 150ish mph myself, and not in Germany too 8)

If the conditions are right (nice road, good weather, no traffic, etc)
Although the 240 mph sounds like it's massively dangerous to do on a public road... :?

He tried to do a speed run with the veyron on german motorways, but the actual speed wasnt reported.

Who was the FG member who laid down the 'lentil eating lesbian' smackdown some months back?

holds up his hand

I liked this bit from the article:

Mary Williams, chief executive of Brake, said: 'Jeremy Clarkson is extremely offensive and irresponsible.

She said that like it was a bad thing. Roll on the 22nd! :)

I've done 140mph on public roads....

in the right car...highspeeds are cakewalk.

it's just how much balls/ovaries YOU'VE got that makes the difference.