Clarkson: America vs Europe

spragg101

Car(s)
1987 Toyota Carib
I have just seen vids of this on youtube and cannot find any torrents for it, i have not heard of it until now, whats the word? Is it new? Im guessing this may turn out to be a stupid question to some, but im really keen to see it

That's "Clarkson: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" from 2006.

I would skip it.

It was pretty much crap.

It was more than not-entertaining. There were several obvious factual mistakes that spoiled it for me. When Clarkson popped that line during series 10 about (paraphrasing here) "...we haven't included a fact in this show in five years...", he was talking about this DVD. It was a real disappointment.

are you lot still upset about that DVD? lol
I remember when it was released you lot were not happy and clearly nothing has changed. But i agree there were some errors, but it was a good watch while we were waiting for TG series 9.

Gib

Well, it wasn't unhappy it was....disappointed. I'll take all the grief that Clarkson can dish out about American cars, certainly MOST of them deserve all he can give and more. But when he stands in front of a cow and calls it a bull, that's just sloppy. That, for all practical purposes, was what he did with the Mustang.

I guess I was disappointed that they cared so little about the production of the DVD that they let something like that go. I had just seen his older program, Motorworld I think it was, centering on his visit to Texas. It was so much better done and, frankly, I felt ripped off with this DVD. But I've whined too much about that already.

And yes, it WAS a good watch while waiting for nine! :D

Last edited:
"And the Hummer (or was it the other American SUV?) has stopped for no apparent reason!" :lol:

It was the Hummer...

And honestly, who offroads an Escalade anyways? I mean, shouldnt he have picked somthing better? lol

He points an escalade at an embankemnt and goes "Oh pity, it cant make it up this. Oh well, FAIL" im like, WTF O_O

It was the Hummer...

And honestly, who offroads an Escalade anyways? I mean, shouldnt he have picked somthing better? lol

He points an escalade at an embankemnt and goes "Oh pity, it cant make it up this. Oh well, FAIL" im like, WTF O_O

Well you know that is the point of 4x4 is to go offroading... I think his point might have been more along the lines "What a stupid creation this thing is".

Personally I rather liked the movie. It's entertainment who gives a crap about nitpicking?

Before you claim to have felt "ripped off", answer truthfully-

Did you pay for this DVD or just download it?<_<

the very reason downloading is good. imagine you bought it and thought it was shit...i'd be kicking myself.

Before you claim to have felt "ripped off", answer truthfully-

Did you pay for this DVD or just download it?<_<

Well considering if he DID decide to pay for it he couldnt have played it on his DVD player in all likelihood cause its region locked.. thats not an argument at all.

You mean there is still people out there using single-region DVD players?

Either way, if he downloaded it then it was Jeremy who got ripped off.

Personally, I thought the horse beating the mustang was hilarious.

Personally, I thought the horse beating the mustang was hilarious.

That was one of the bits with the incorrect facts given.

That's one of his best DVD's... the haters here are just upset because Clarkson
made fun of US auto industry, but they seem to forget it's just entertainment,
like most of Top Gear anyway.

The whole dvd was quite dull, except for the Ford GTX segment and Jeremy walking around in las vegas, asking random ppl if they know any countries from Europe.