Clarkson: America vs Europe

The whole dvd was quite dull, except for the Ford GTX segment and Jeremy walking around in las vegas, asking random ppl if they know any countries from Europe.

To me that was the worst, but only because I was only 10 or so miles from him. Just think, I could've ruined his DVD! :lol:

Before you claim to have felt "ripped off", answer truthfully-

Did you pay for this DVD or just download it?<_<

Amazon.co.uk does ship to the U.S., you know. I wouldn't have used that terminology if I hadn't.

Well considering if he DID decide to pay for it he couldnt have played it on his DVD player in all likelihood cause its region locked.. thats not an argument at all.

Multi region players are your friend, Dimitri. Welcome to the 21st century:rolleyes:.

Im not going to buy a multi-region player just to watch like two Clarkson DVDs, and I dont watch any anime or some crap like that.

But they show Top Gear fully unedited on BBC America now it makes me a very happy man.

I don't have a problem with the theme of the movie (and I'm American), but they went a little too far. A Hummer actually is pretty good off road, which they apparently forgot to check, although an Escalade is indeed fairly useless. There were several pther things that really annoyed me about it that I can't remember now.

I don't have a problem with the theme of the movie (and I'm American), but they went a little too far. A Hummer actually is pretty good off road, which they apparently forgot to check, although an Escalade is indeed fairly useless. There were several pther things that really annoyed me about it that I can't remember now.

An H2 is quite useless compared the the H1. Granted it's not as bad as they make it out to be but it along with the H3 are really just there because of the name. It's really not a whole lot more then a glorified tahoe.

To me that was the worst, but only because I was only 10 or so miles from him. Just think, I could've ruined his DVD! :lol:

actually i rekon that little segment must have taken a while to film, beacuse they had to filter out all the clever blokes and pick the dumb ones to back Clarkson up.

its not that hard to name a single european country, even school kids can do it.

but what i do know is that 90% of the americans (college students) dont know south africa as a country, to an average american, SA just means southern part of africa. Everytime i tell ppl that im from SA, they just automatically assume that i live in a hut and ride an elephant to work everyday, and then proceed to put up a dumb look on their face and ask "so, where exactly is south africa? what country is that?" :lol:

jeez this DVD is still rubbing you guys the wrong way? wasnt his best hour of video i must admit but still.

no wonder he picks on the US.... you lot give him the rise hes looking for every single time!

its like kids picking on each other...as soon as one stops getting irate at the other the fun stops!

Im not going to buy a multi-region player just to watch like two Clarkson DVDs, and I dont watch any anime or some crap like that.

But they show Top Gear fully unedited on BBC America now it makes me a very happy man.

you dont have to... i think all dvd players have some kind of secret button combo that gets you to a hidden menu where u can just change the region. google it.

Mmmmm...not all of them have the magic code, but most of the cheap Chinese ones do. Philips boxes are normally easy to open up. Panasonics not so much.

Yea, and you're right about that durned DVD. We're over it! ;)

And Dimitri...do you really think those shows are unedited?

actually i rekon that little segment must have taken a while to film, beacuse they had to filter out all the clever blokes and pick the dumb ones to back Clarkson up.

its not that hard to name a single european country, even school kids can do it.

but what i do know is that 90% of the americans (college students) dont know south africa as a country, to an average american, SA just means southern part of africa. Everytime i tell ppl that im from SA, they just automatically assume that i live in a hut and ride an elephant to work everyday, and then proceed to put up a dumb look on their face and ask "so, where exactly is south africa? what country is that?" :lol:

That segment is really no different then what leno does on his show.

Should I even bother to point out how wrong the Dodge Ram pickup vs the Ariel Atom race was, considering pickups are to fill the bed with tools and haul a U-Haul trailer/boat, something the Atom could never do?

Aw, forget it

That segment is really no different then what leno does on his show.

Howard Stern was doing that schtick on the radio when Leno was still working nightclubs. In fact he would send "Stuttering" John Melendez, who is now Leno's announcer, out on the streets of Manhattan to do it.

In fact, "Are you smarter than..." is pretty much something Stern was doing decades ago. Kids, strippers, homeless, you name it. They just made a show out of it.

you dont have to... i think all dvd players have some kind of secret button combo that gets you to a hidden menu where u can just change the region. google it.

Another option is to play it on your computer with the help of AnyDVD.

jaanjalgratas said:
Europe is a country and everyone speaks french here

It's true! Look how well one of our illustrious Top Gear hosts speaks the language!

linky linky link
(Skip to 5:40 for Hammond's star moment)