Clarkson: Clarkson apologises and settles ?100,000 racial discrimination claim

jack_christie

Forum Addict
Took too bloody long to say sorry.

Excuse me, but Clarkson *did* say sorry according to the report that recommended action against him. In fact he's tried to apologize before.

The newsworthy bit is that the lawsuit was settled and that the BBC's sharing costs.

Last edited:
Excuse me, but Clarkson *did* say sorry according to the report that recommended action against him. In fact he's tried to apologize before.

The newsworthy bit is that the lawsuit was settled and that the BBC's sharing costs.

It wouldn't have taken a year to sort out if he really wanted close the issue quickly.

It wouldn't have taken a year to sort out if he really wanted close the issue quickly.

It could be better that he allowed it to play out and be negotiated so that it turned out the right way instead of just the fastest way. This way both parties are happy with the outcome and can move on in a respectful way.

Pure bullshit cashgrab, he still has his job, it took a year for him to realise/be convinced he wanted to sue for money. JC was wrong, but if youre gonna run to the courts you're not an angel

But it may not have been Tymon's original idea to run to the courts.

Like it or not, the BBC also has some culpability in the matter, because not only did it need to do something about Clarkson, it also had to decide on compensation for damages because Tymon's not a Clarkson employee, but a BBC one. Plus whatever future assignment they had for him, it couldn't be an "out-of-the-way-cubbyhole" dead-end job where they put people who reminded them of something they'd like to forget.

So who's more likely to dawdle on a matter, two individuals or a corporate entity with many layers of middle management?

Considering the lawsuit didn't actually get filed until last November, I wouldn't say it's really been dragging out all that long.

Oisin Tymon, who was attacked by Clarkson in a row over a lack of hot hotel food, brought legal proceedings against the presenter and the BBC, in November.

Good .lets hope everyone can move on and the media can change the fucking record and stop mentioning it.

Pure bullshit cashgrab, he still has his job, it took a year for him to realise/be convinced he wanted to sue for money. JC was wrong, but if youre gonna run to the courts you're not an angel

You're right. Because Oisin wanted a payout. And he got it.

If he wanted to maximise that he would have pressed charges in criminal court, collected bigger damages and Jezza mightn't have a new show because he would still be waiting for a trial date since his Tory mates are shutting 100+ courts, and then there'd be the small matter of a criminal conviction causing numerous travel visa issues.

Last edited:
Jeremy Clarkson has apologised to the Top Gear producer he hit after settling a ?100,000 racial discrimination and personal injury claim.

So calling someone Irish is actually considered racial abuse? Fuck me. THIS is the really newsworthy part of all of this, and I'm surprised no one else is talking about it. And I'd love to know what the 100,000 pounds worth of damages are apart from maybe the medical costs which I'm assuming might very well have been covered by NHS. "Damages" - what a complete joke of a legal term that is; nothing to do with damage for the most part.

Last edited:
So calling someone Irish is actually considered racial abuse? Fuck me. THIS is the really newsworthy part of all of this, and I'm surprised no one else is talking about it. And I'd love to know what the 100,000 pounds worth of damages are apart from maybe the medical costs which I'm assuming might very well have been covered by NHS. "Damages" - what a complete joke of a legal term that is; nothing to do with damage for the most part.

There are damages outside of medical costs and mental trauma or whatever you want to call it cased by this case. The film business is very much a freelance business and if you are driven into hiding by the media and rabid Top Gear fans who insist it's your fault that Top Gear is in the air to the point where they feel death threats are necessary then it makes it hard for someone like Oisin. This my be a big joke to you on the sidelines but to Oisin and his family it's not.

There are damages outside of medical costs and mental trauma or whatever you want to call it cased by this case. The film business is very much a freelance business and if you are driven into hiding by the media and rabid Top Gear fans who insist it's your fault that Top Gear is in the air to the point where they feel death threats are necessary then it makes it hard for someone like Oisin. This my be a big joke to you on the sidelines but to Oisin and his family it's not.

Are you suggesting that a damage could be loss of income? Do we know that he has not been working?

How many of you that are complaining about this would let there boss punch them and do nothing about it? None.

Calling an Irish person Irish clearly isn't racial abuse, but calling them a 'lazy Irish c***' is; that's the difference here. Jeremy was wrong, but he did personally and publicly apologise to Tymon soon after the incident- Tymon still then went for the compensation months later. That's where it sours for me.

How many of you that are complaining about this would let there boss punch them and do nothing about it? None.

I would demand any money which I lost on any medical expenses and all loss of income. Nothing more nothing less. I certainly wouldn't look to profit from it. This whole, so called 'damages' farce is a joke, as the majority of it is pure profit.

Clarkson apologises and settles ?100,000 racial discrimination claim

an "out-of-the-way-cubbyhole" dead-end job where they put people who reminded them of something they'd like to forget.

I want that. If it paid ok.

Why demand anything? It's not the BBC's fault Clarkson punched someone. Unless they deliberately put that guy with Clarkson knowing neither like each other. Otherwise, firing Clarkson should have been enough.

Last edited:
Calling an Irish person Irish clearly isn't racial abuse, but calling them a 'lazy Irish c***' is; that's the difference here. Jeremy was wrong, but he did personally and publicly apologise to Tymon soon after the incident- Tymon still then went for the compensation months later. That's where it sours for me.

I still can't see how it constitutes 'racial DISCRIMINATION.' Racial hatred yes, but discrimination? So that means that I could be prosecuted if I called someone by their nationality and immediately follow it with an expletive like cu*t? Bloody hell, the Americans would laugh at that.