Clarkson classic Mustang review episode

rhegedus

Car(s)
Subaru Outback 3.0L Toyota Landcruiser 4.0L
Mornin' all,

I'm racking my brain to find the episode where Clarkson reviews a classic Mustang from the 60's.

http://www.myvideo.de/watch/2305614/Top_Gear_Die_Geschichte_des_Ford_Mustang

I think it was part of a 'greatest cars' segment done through one of the earlier series (with Hammond reviewing an old Land Rover?).

Anyway, a search through wiki came up blank as did a scan through my vid archives.

Help and suggestions gratefully received.

you are correct about the greatest cars part. sadly cant say which season was this. i believe ive seen this on Jabba's rips before VUK started ripping for this site. it should be in one of the first 3 seasons I believe.

Last edited:
Well, the 2003 copyright notice for the Playstation footage would put it in S2 or S3, but I don't remember this one at all. Great piece, though, and unexpected from Clarkson if you've only seen what he said about Mustangs in general in The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

It is from the current format Top Gear. It was either Series 3 or 4 and they had this segment about the greatest car ever made. They had one about the Mini as well.

Well, apparently these segments were originally in Series 1 or 2 since there was a thread about those segments in this very forum: klicky

Furthermore an article from August 2003 (which was before season 3 started) states that in those segments Top Gear named the Land Rover Defender as greatest car of all times.

i know the seasons pretty well, and im also pretty sure that jezza never drove a 'stang on current TG format

what you probably know are the SBS and the BBC Prime rips, those did NOT contain the Greatest car in the world segment in 2x03 where he did drive a Mustang

Here's the video btw http://www.streetfire.net/video/top-gear-clarkson-reviews-mustang-history-best_123835.htm

For some reason i recall seeing it in the half hour format BBC World videos and it didnt show up in the BBC Prime eps nor the SBS ones (i forget if they were just S1 or S2 as well)

Blayde is correct. the only "true rips" done then were done by some bloke called Jabba for his forums, who didnt let Viper host them on this site. I believe some of the FTP's still had them a few years back.

It was interesting, his comment that the V8 sound was considered good enough for the movie to not need music; I wish the producers of current Top Gear and Fifth Gear would arrive at the same conclusion and not put on a rock-music track when I'm trying to enjoy the sound of a new V8, especially when the presenter is pointing out the sound of the exhaust.

Last edited:
Thanks Blayde!

Anyone know if the original 1 hour rips still exist?

Blayde is correct. the only "true rips" done then were done by some bloke called Jabba for his forums, who didnt let Viper host them on this site. I believe some of the FTP's still had them a few years back.

that and they were shit rips with misaligned ratios

lol the good ol' days ... even though now is even better without his site;)

Last edited:
that and they were shit rips with misaligned ratios

So the hope of ever getting those original 1hr rips in a reasonable quality is pretty much gone? I had those rips (the bad ones) and have since deleted them in favor of the higher quality BBC Prime ones--now I'm regretting it. :(

"Subterranean Homesick Blues" by Bob Dylan.

EDIT: I don't want to turn this thread into a "Other Song Requests" thread but speaking of WTS, What's the name of the song that starts at 01:24? Also wts at 03:24?

Last edited: