Clarkson in an accident?

diti

Car(s)
Mini Cooper S Convertible & GT6
Look, I don't want to be alarmist or anything, but I was having a quick read of today's copy of The Sun in the local sandwich shop today, and I'm sure that on Jezza's Saturday page there was a small bit where he said he's been in an accident. I can't find it on their web-page because they only seem to print his main article.

I'd love to be wrong, and hope I am, but can anyone shed any light on this?

His October 4th one? About smoking, people adopting numerous things, and whatnot?

No, this was 11th October. He said he'd injured his finger and leg in his first accident in 31 years of driving. I only got chance for a quick read before my bacon butty was ready and I had to leave. I was sure someone else would have read it and already put it on this site.

It was a one of a pile they leave out for you to read while they're making your sandwich. It would have seemed a mite churlish to tuck it under my arm and walk out.

The import only struck me later.

Last edited:
That Mirror quote is the same as the one in The Sun. He doesn't mention the accident in his columns in the Sunday Times today, though.

I'm surprised that there isn't more press interest. I would have thought (sadly) that some of the British papers would be loving this.

Oh I am sooooooo looking forward to this coming up in the next series:

Hammond: "So Jeremy you had a bit of a bump a few weeks back no did ya?"
Jezza: "IT WASN'T A BUMP !! It was a huge crash, my back felt it was broken to pieces, I couldn't feel my hand AND my leg looked like something out of a horromovie"
Hammond "So how fast were you going?"
Jezza: "Erm.....(mumbles)...40mph....."
Hammond: "What now, I didn't quite catch that?"
Jezza: ".......40mph....."
Hammond: THAT'S NOT A PROPER ACCIDENT !!

Anyone know any more details than the ones given in the Mirror/Sun?

Hammond: "So Jeremy you had a bit of a bump a few weeks back no did ya?"
Jezza: "IT WASN'T A BUMP !! It was a huge crash, my back felt it was broken to pieces, I couldn't feel my hand AND my leg looked like something out of a horromovie"
Hammond "So how fast were you going?"
Jezza: "Erm.....(mumbles)...40mph....."
Hammond: "What now, I didn't quite catch that?"
Jezza: ".......40mph....."
Hammond: THAT'S NOT A PROPER ACCIDENT !!

:D, beautiful mate! I really see it happening on tv. And richard waving with his hands at jezza while he looks down, mumbling.

I hope he gets better soon, I really wouldn't like to wait any longer for the new series. Most important thing is that he is fine...

I thought he had his first accident something like 24hours after passing his test...