Clarkson in an accident?

Clarkson says it was his first serious accident. I suppose the number of (un)intentional fender benders, skating into the gravel pits (yep, that counts as an accident, too!), rear-ending camera cars, driving 911s into country cottages and so on and so on, both on and off camera, while filming Top Gear and his DVDs, simply don't count as serious for him as he walked away relatively unharmed every time.

I totalled my first Golf, have been in several 1000+ Euro damage crashes, both with and without fault and would still say i never had a serious accident as even while getting rammed off the Autobahn at 80+ kph by a completely coked out ad executive in an A4 (still my fault, though) i never suffered any injury but mild whiplash.

This should put an end on the 31 years or not-discussion.

Last edited:
Oh I am sooooooo looking forward to this coming up in the next series:

Hammond: "So Jeremy you had a bit of a bump a few weeks back no did ya?"
Jezza: "IT WASN'T A BUMP !! It was a huge crash, my back felt it was broken to pieces, I couldn't feel my hand AND my leg looked like something out of a horromovie"
Hammond "So how fast were you going?"
Jezza: "Erm.....(mumbles)...40mph....."
Hammond: "What now, I didn't quite catch that?"
Jezza: ".......40mph....."
Hammond: THAT'S NOT A PROPER ACCIDENT !!

:roflmao:

And you just know Jezza will come back with something like, "Well you don't see ME sitting on the couch with Jonathan Ross talking about my near-death experience, and writing books about it!"

(Good god, we're not obsessed much, are we?)

As an aside, have you noticed in last season the way Hammond will say "thank you" in a very edgy, almost too polite way to Jeremy whenever he really starts to take the piss? Wonder if it's Hamster-speak for, "Shut the fuck up, old man, you're pushing it."

Reactions: MWF
As an aside, have you noticed in last season the way Hammond will say "thank you" in a very edgy, almost too polite way to Jeremy whenever he really starts to take the piss? Wonder if it's Hamster-speak for, "Shut the fuck up, old man, you're pushing it."

I noticed that as well.

It's Hamster speak for "Yeah, alright... :roll:"

(Good god, we're not obsessed much, are we?)

Naaaah....I wouldn't say that.....okay maaaaaybe we are, but just a littleteenyitiny bit

I have noticed that yes, I actually see that as the equivalent of James's "Sod off !"

Now that we know he is ok, can you Imagine the &%$^ those boys, mostly Hamster, are going to give him on the show this comming season? that should be fun!

would that not be great if they organised a set of airline stairs for him to introduce him back after his "accident", lol, FUN!

Last edited:
Typed up from the Sun:

I emerged from my high speed head-on impact in what can only be described as screaming agony. I couldn't walk. I couldn't talk. I couldn't think.

Aw, hell, I hate hearing this. Especially since it sounds like there was injury to his back, which we all know he doesn't need more of.

Get well soon Mr. Clarkson!

Labcoatguy was so offended that I would have the audacity to open his eyes to reality on that, that he neg repped me, twice :lol: :roflmao:

Yes, you can run headlong into a cement wall at high rate of speed, get out, and walk away uninjured.... even Dale Earnhardt did exactly that same thing, or wait, no, he didn't!

I'm sorry labcoatguy, buddy, you need to get a life. I only chimed in because you were demeaning to robybobey in the following quote

so as far as your "get some manners" remark goes, I suggest you take your own advice.

u asked 4 it, you got it, Toyota :roflmao:

...what?

OK, so it looks like I just had my own "superzoom moment" and got fooled by something in a fictional video. Of course, seeing that Dale Earnhardt was going maybe three times as fast as Clarkson was doing in that clip, I didn't automatically compare the two. And negrepped twice?? I haven't neg-repped anyone since sandwad months ago, not to mention that the rep system doesn't let you rep anyone twice in a row. On the other hand, I now know who left me the anonymous "you got it, Toyota" neg rep a few days ago. Whatever that means.

Back on topic, add me to the chorus of "glad that Clarkson is okay enough to get massively mocked about it in the next series of Top Gear."

Oh I am sooooooo looking forward to this coming up in the next series:

Hammond: "So Jeremy you had a bit of a bump a few weeks back no did ya?"
Jezza: "IT WASN'T A BUMP !! It was a huge crash, my back felt it was broken to pieces, I couldn't feel my hand AND my leg looked like something out of a horromovie"
Hammond "So how fast were you going?"
Jezza: "Erm.....(mumbles)...40mph....."
Hammond: "What now, I didn't quite catch that?"
Jezza: ".......40mph....."
Hammond: THAT'S NOT A PROPER ACCIDENT !!

That made me laugh.. Reeally hard :D

+1!

Also, glad to know our belowed Jezza is allright!

Last edited:
remember he mentioned in the news that fifth gear had a minor accident, and he further said we have proper accidents on top gear (after hamster's accident obviously)

Have we all missed something here? We have a nutter among us. read this again carefully.

I totalled my first Golf, have been in several 1000+ Euro damage crashes, both with and without fault and would still say i never had a serious accident as even while getting rammed off the Autobahn at 80+ kph by a completely coked out ad executive in an A4 (still my fault, though) i never suffered any injury but mild whiplash.

:eek:

I think one crash is one too many, especially if they are your fault. Maybe he needs to go back to driving school before he causes a 'serious' accident.

^I like his nickname...Dr Grip :lol:

Well maybe he is a million years old, or has covered a billion miles already, and after one crash too many he decided to post about it here?
I've had several accidents, one serious, but none of them my fault...

I say we send him a bike helmet and part of a racing glove with finalgear scrawled across it to wish him a speedy recovery.

[snip from Clarkson's article]

At the moment, teenagers see Bruce Willis driving his car into a helicopter and imagine that you can get out afterwards and still be well enough to punch a baddy in the face.

This isn't accurate. I emerged from my high speed head-on impact in what can only be described as screaming agony. I couldn't walk. I couldn't talk. I couldn't think.

I certainly would not have been able to throw Alan Rickman from the top of a skyscraper.
[/snip]
I can confirm that at first-hand, I've been in a head-on impact, too (me 60 kph, opponent about 70), and the first 5 minutes or so you can't think clearly, nothing can prepare you for such an awful experience, even if you drive 10, 20 or even 30 years without an accident. Fortunately it was at a busy two lane road so the following cars couldn't ignore it and the police station was only 1 km or so away. In the first moments after a crash the body is completely out of control (as you can see in the 100GBP cheap car challenge after Hammond crashed his Rover) and you only think "I'll have to get out here quick".

@ Topic: Glad to hear that Jezza's OK, but I think Hamster and Captain Slow will take the piss out of him for that, like "you said we have proper accidents on this show, not such little bumps you had..." or the earlier pictured dialogue.

It's probably a really minor accident anyway. I just lol'd so hard at anyone thinking he was in the car for the Alpine segment... you simply do not survive a crash like that.

You can survive a crash like that. Trust me, I have seen worse. I will also add in all my years in the ER, I have never seen a dead man that was wearing a seat belt. In fact, most of the dead accident victims I have seen were on motorcycles. Two just last week.

...what?

OK, so it looks like I just had my own "superzoom moment" and got fooled by something in a fictional video. Of course, seeing that Dale Earnhardt was going maybe three times as fast as Clarkson was doing in that clip, I didn't automatically compare the two. ."

Labcoatguy, as stated above, he could have survived that crash, but there is no way he would have simply clicked his seatbelt off and then got out.

First off, I doubt he would be able to right away. His body would be in shock for a while.

Second, even if he had been able to just hop out, there is no way in the world anyone would have actually have let him. He would have been put on a backboard and airlifted to the hospital to be super duper checked out.

But, I have to say, had I not have had so much experience in the accident dept, and how things are handled, I too may have thought he had actually been in the car. That is how good they did that bit.

I just found this thread, and I'm assuming it had something to do with the lorry challenge? Head-on collision with a wall? sounds like.