Clarkson in an accident?

Assuming the chassis deformed, which may or may not have happened in a sports car with a (presumably) stiff chassis. The car was definitely crashed one way or another...unless it was a driverless crash with the airbag disconnected? Did the Alpine come with an airbag? I'm not questioning your judgement (well, somewhat ;)), just thinking aloud about bits and pieces.

Have you ever been in an accident, or seen one unfold in person? I'm sorry, but people don't just walk away from stuff like that. I sincerely hope that you're making a relatively poor attempt at humor, by continuing this argument.

If you actually believe this is real then, despite the fact that you have lots of posts and rep points, you need to have your head examined! Feel free to neg. rep me to hell :mrgreen:

Have you ever been in an accident, or seen one unfold in person? I'm sorry, but people don't just walk away from stuff like that. I sincerely hope that you're making a relatively poor attempt at humor, by continuing this argument.

If you actually believe this is real then, despite the fact that you have lots of posts and rep points, you need to have your head examined! Feel free to neg. rep me to hell :mrgreen:

To be honest, no, but I'm making assumptions based on racing/sports cars chassis, and not your average accident with average road cars. I stress that my "experience" with crashes is purely theoretical, so feel free to correct or enlighten me; just telling me to get my head examined leaves me just as confused as before ;). I'm sorry if my attempt at clearing up my own confusion has offended your sensibilities.

To be honest, no, but I'm making assumptions based on racing/sports cars chassis, and not your average accident with average road cars. I stress that my "experience" with crashes is purely theoretical, so feel free to correct or enlighten me; just telling me to get my head examined leaves me just as confused as before ;). I'm sorry if my attempt at clearing up my own confusion has offended your sensibilities.

Here is an excellent site for someone who would rather live in an alternate universe, whilst attempting to make rhetorical comments that are supposed to sound intelligent

http://www.iihs.org/

I nearly had a heart attack when I saw the headline. Glad to hear he is ok.

Good to hear he's doing fine, though it sounds quite painful! I hope he has a speedy recovery.

When I saw this at the top of the Finalgear page I thought "Oh no I hope he's alright!". Then I saw Clarkson's comments about the accident and thought "Yep he's just fine.". :lol:

Haha same here.

WTF, people actually though he was in that Alpine for the crash? :lol: Is he doing side jobs as a crash test dummy now or something?

Sorry Jezza, you're going to have to do better than that to get yourself an FG helmet :p.

Seriously though, good to hear he's okay.

WTF, people actually though he was in that Alpine for the crash? :lol:

Yeah, I figured it was pretty clear he wasn't in it... seems not.

anyone got the info on who,what,how?
I know clarkon but head on is normally 2 cars...Im guessing it was either like stig hitting the tire wall kinda thing. Or he was doing on of his follow the leader type of races someone did a 180 spin on a turn and they crashed

Here is an excellent site for someone who would rather live in an alternate universe, whilst attempting to make rhetorical comments that are supposed to sound intelligent

http://www.iihs.org/

I just wish more people would go to that site. But what is annoying is that they haven't tested some of the more expensive cars such as Jags or Porsche. I would love to know how safe (or not) those turn out to be.

Oh I am sooooooo looking forward to this coming up in the next series:

Hammond: "So Jeremy you had a bit of a bump a few weeks back no did ya?"
Jezza: "IT WASN'T A BUMP !! It was a huge crash, my back felt it was broken to pieces, I couldn't feel my hand AND my leg looked like something out of a horromovie"
Hammond "So how fast were you going?"
Jezza: "Erm.....(mumbles)...40mph....."
Hammond: "What now, I didn't quite catch that?"
Jezza: ".......40mph....."
Hammond: THAT'S NOT A PROPER ACCIDENT !!

Wow, that is EXACTLY how that conversation would go, i guess you can add that to the "you know youve watched too much topgear when..." thread

WTF, people actually though he was in that Alpine for the crash? :lol: Is he doing side jobs as a crash test dummy now or something?

Labcoatguy was so offended that I would have the audacity to open his eyes to reality on that, that he neg repped me, twice :lol: :roflmao:

Yes, you can run headlong into a cement wall at high rate of speed, get out, and walk away uninjured.... even Dale Earnhardt did exactly that same thing, or wait, no, he didn't!

I'm sorry labcoatguy, buddy, you need to get a life. I only chimed in because you were demeaning to robybobey in the following quote
Assuming the chassis deformed, which may or may not have happened in a sports car with a (presumably) stiff chassis. The car was definitely crashed one way or another...unless it was a driverless crash with the airbag disconnected? Did the Alpine come with an airbag? I'm not questioning your judgement (well, somewhat ), just thinking aloud about bits and pieces.

so as far as your "get some manners" remark goes, I suggest you take your own advice.

u asked 4 it, you got it, Toyota :roflmao:

Typed up from the Sun:

Earlier this week, for the first time in 31 years behind the wheel, I had what the police would call a serious road traffic accident.

And now I've decided that, before being allowed on the road, everyone should be made to drive at high speed into a wall.

At the moment, teenagers see Bruce Willis driving his car into a helicopter and imagine that you can get out afterwards and still be well enough to punch a baddy in the face.

This isn't accurate. I emerged from my high speed head-on impact in what can only be described as screaming agony. I couldn't walk. I couldn't talk. I couldn't think.

I certainly would not have been able to throw Alan Rickman from the top of a skyscraper.

The next morning, my right index finger looked like a burst sausage, my left shin was fatter than my thigh and my back felt like someone had driven over it with a pile-driver.

Everyone should experience this before they are given a licence. It would let them know that crashes really really hurt and that it would be a good idea not to have one.

^ The logic's sound - it's why people should take advanced driving courses to learn correct car control before getting a license.

It's probably a really minor accident anyway. I just lol'd so hard at anyone thinking he was in the car for the Alpine segment... you simply do not survive a crash like that.

I thought he had his first accident something like 24hours after passing his test...

Didn't he also hit the camera car when he was driving a Mclaren F1 on the track?

I'm just glad he's okay. I can't imagine how his family felt when they heard that. When my dad had an accident (he was okay though) i remember crying like hell when i found out.