Clarkson: Clarkson on Moyles 4/12/08

Soup?

Car(s)
Jailbait Ford is Dead! Adjusting to pedestrianism.
In case anyone's interested, Clarkson's on the Chris Moyles show (That's on Radio 1) next Thursday.

He's there to pimp 'Thriller' but he's usually entertaining on Moyles.

Just in case you're interested.

Oh, by the by, Moyles is on from 630 to 1000. If you're of a foreign disposition, you can listen to the show on the interweb at bbc.co.uk/radio1

Could someone please post a version here after it's been broadcast but edit out Moyles and replace him with Stephen Hawking asking the same questions so I don't have to listed to that lardy, opinionated, potty-mouthed Yorkshire gobshite? Saviour of Radio 1? Saviour of Greggs the Bakers more like....

I typed that out loud, didn't I?

i would listen to it but i'd much rather stick my head in that V8 Blender rather than listen to Chris Moyles.

Could someone please post a version here after it's been broadcast but edit out Moyles and replace him with Stephen Hawking asking the same questions so I don't have to listed to that lardy, opinionated, potty-mouthed Yorkshire gobshite? Saviour of Radio 1? Saviour of Greggs the Bakers more like....

I am soooooo with you on that....

I quite enjoy the show, but that's just me.

Note: I'm expressing an opinion, not asking for negative reps. Thanks :)

Reactions: MWF
^if anyone gives you a -rep for that, tell me, so I can even it out.

Yeah negrep me if you must, asshats! Giving an opinion is never a reason to dish out negrep!

Could someone please post a version here after it's been broadcast but edit out Moyles and replace him with Stephen Hawking asking the same questions so I don't have to listed to that lardy, opinionated, potty-mouthed Yorkshire gobshite?
The Hammond On Moyles that I swiped from upyourego last time was considerably harder to listen to than either of James May's appearances on the Simon Mayo show, and that is entirely down to the presence of Chris Moyles. But although I see this upcoming show with some trepidation, I'll still make a recording, painful though it will be to listen to - should I remember to do it at all seeing as it's not some time today. If I don't, I suspect upyourego will have it all done.

As for the Stephen Hawking overdub, if anyone can recommend a computer speech synthesiser that I can use, then go ahead and I'll do it if I'm really bored... as it stands all I have is a ZX Spectrum emulator with a built-in Currah Microspeech unit, which was comically awful even in 1983.

Oh, by the by, Moyles is on from 630 to 1000. If you're of a foreign disposition, you can listen to the show on the interweb at bbc.co.uk/radio1
Warning: this will inevitably be at a low bitrate and will be full of jangly artifacts.

And it's 6:30 in the morning, for those of you who hadn't worked it out. As before, I'll set up the video and record the Virgin Media stream onto VHS, then rip the relevant bits from there. And I've got DAB radio as a backup plan.

Last edited:
As for the Stephen Hawking overdub, if anyone can recommend a computer speech synthesiser that I can use, then go ahead and I'll do it if I'm really bored... as it stands all I have is a ZX Spectrum emulator with a built-in Currah Microspeech unit, which was comically awful even in 1983.

If you want a REAL challenge make it sound like Joshua in "WarGames"......although I reckon that would be quite tough as they recorded an actor reading his lines backwards, reversed the tape and added a couple of effects to make it sound like a computer voice.

At least I have the file so my PC says "Greetings, Professor Falken" when I boot up.

I have listened to his show whenever the boys are on (whether it be Richard or James or Jeremy, but mostly Richard) and I can see people's hatred towards him because he's an annoying fat git, but I don't mind him.

He seemed okay on the show. Why does everyone hate him?

best way to explain it that he's a bit like Clarkson in that he often says things which wind people up and you either like him or you hate him. except usually with Moyles he often does it more in a sadistic way. he's been known to swear live on air, he promised to take the virginity of Charlotte Church, has been accused of Homophobia several times and likes to make fun of people who phone in particularly anyone from the north. of course this often lands him in trouble with the media and those nut job public moral loons.
i don't like him so i just do the most simple thing and turn the radio off... strange how no one else thinks of that tactic.

Right! It is 6:52 am on 4th December and I am listening to the Chris Moyles show. No Clarkson yet; and I'm having problems recording the output from DAB, with no idea why, but I will, as I said, have a VHS recording as a backup. I will not let you down, people!

Moyles has been rambling incoherently for half an hour, and at the moment he wants to know if it's snowing where we all are - in Nottingham, it's raining a bit. Bah. And now, at 6:56, he's playing the second track of the show. For a music station there isn't a lot of music... is the BBC really strapped for cash for paying royalties? First the Stig turns to listening to Morse Code in his supercar tests, now this...

And, having been off the board for a few days, I now hear Jezza will also be on This Morning[/i] just before lunch, then it's back to BBC HQ for more DVD plugs on [url=http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/clarkson-on-5-live-simon-mayo-4-12-08-a-32257/]Five Live in the early afternoon.

I will record the Simon Mayo Five Live show, but all I'd be able to do with the appearance on This Morning is make a VHS recording and rip it later. I'll look on thebox.bz to see if anyone releases a rip there. Otherwise, can anyone with a DVD recorder who sees this between now and 11:25 record it?

More updates on this post as they come in.

Last edited:
Right! It is 6:52 am on 4th December and I am listening to the Chris Moyles show. No Clarkson yet; and I'm having problems recording the output from DAB, with no idea why, but I will, as I said, have a VHS recording as a backup. I will not let you down, people!

Moyles has been rambling incoherently for half an hour, and at the moment he wants to know if it's snowing where we all are - in Nottingham, it's raining a bit. Bah. And now, at 6:56, he's playing the second track of the show. For a music station there isn't a lot of music... is the BBC really strapped for cash for paying royalties? First the Stig turns to listening to Morse Code in his supercar tests, now this...

And, having been off the board for a few days, I now hear Jezza will also be on This Morning[/i] just before lunch, then it's back to BBC HQ for more DVD plugs on [url=http://forums.finalgear.com/top-gear/clarkson-on-5-live-simon-mayo-4-12-08-a-32257/]Five Live in the early afternoon.

I will record the Simon Mayo Five Live show, but all I'd be able to do with the appearance on This Morning is make a VHS recording and rip it later. I'll look on thebox.bz to see if anyone releases a rip there. Otherwise, can anyone with a DVD recorder who sees this between now and 11:25 record it?

More updates on this post as they come in.

You = made of win! :)