Clarkson: Clarkson on QI March 26th

I've um...downloaded a few episodes, from season 6. I just can't seem to get into it, even though it looks like something I'd love.

Can you guys suggest a better starting point? My sweetie loves this show, so I should get used to watching it. :p

Yay! I love Jeremy on QI. I started watching QI a few months ago because so many people on here liked it, and I am completely in love (especially with Alan Davies- he's adorable!). A good place to start would be Series 4 Episode 3, which is the "Dogs" episode. Jeremy's on this one, and it is particularly hilarious. It's on YouTube here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfqOEjwXNhI

One of the best panellists (who hasn't been on for a while) is John Sessions - there's an episode (S03E04) where he does an impression of Edward Fox that's fantastic (he describes Fox as the only man with a bicep in his face, or something like that). Think Clarkson is in that one too.

Here it is:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMmsn3np4ms[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
I love QI! Can't wait to see Jezza on it again! Hopefully he'll win again!

QI was a Marvellous programme.
The early series were superb (that's why i have the first three series on DVD :p)
But the last series does seem to be more of Mr Fry speaking.. y'know... knowledge rather than the delicious banter of the earlier series.

If you want to start from scratch, why not watch series E. The elephant card was a brilliant device.
One of the best panellists (who hasn't been on for a while) is John Sessions
*Nods approvingly*
I'm one of those ignorant folk who knew Mr Sessions only as a contestant on QI, then I realised he was 'that guy in The Good Shepherd'

As a side note, what did Mr Fry do in his past which means he's not Sir Fry?

He got nicked and banged up in the pokey - he was a kid. QI_XL is a must see each week. Reasons why Americans in particular can get thrown by the show - scores of -(minus)75 are not unheard of, as well as winning with a minus score. Do not let that worry you though.

I have been amazed at how many bright celebs there are - I was stunned on one show with Ben someone and on another D'arah O'brein - the boy's got brains!

Last edited:
He got nicked and banged up in the pokey - he was a kid. QI_XL is a must see each week. Reasons why Americans in particular can get thrown by the show - scores of -(minus)75 are not unheard of, as well as winning with a minus score. Do not let that worry you though.

I have been amazed at how many bright celebs there are - I was stunned on one show with Ben someone and on another D'arah O'brein - the boy's got brains!

Ben Miller and Dara O'Briain both studied physics as undergrads, so science education ftw!

As a side-note, Dara O'Brian hosts the excellent Mock The Week and Ben Miller is the other half of the excellent Armstrong and Miller.

One of the best panellists (who hasn't been on for a while) is John Sessions - there's an episode (S03E04) where he does an impression of Edward Fox that's fantastic (he describes Fox as the only man with a bicep in his face, or something like that).

I forget what episode it was, but it was a QI XL, where John Sessions does a great Alan Rickman impression. I really have to look up more of his work, as I've only ever seen him on QI.

As a side note, what did Mr Fry do in his past which means he's not Sir Fry?

Not a ton. Nothing other "sirs" haven't done. He is a coke addict and such, but Paul Mccartney and Elton John are knighted, and we all know what they did.

I forget what episode it was, but it was a QI XL, where John Sessions does a great Alan Rickman impression.
That was that one with Emma Thomson.

Mr Fry did a wonderful documentary on the origins of the Printing Press - they made a reproduction of a middle ages one to see how difficult it was.

David Mitchell (my personal favorite QI panelist) was also brilliant in that episode.

I do have a bit of a crush on David Mitchell. I see something of James May in him.
(That turned dirty after I typed it)

Does that mean that, is the James May bit what attracts you? :p

Jeremy's fantastic on the QIs I've seen. VERY fact-filled!

The show's superb, too. How has it not been brought over to North America yet? It'd do well, I suspect. Hilarious, and I highly recommend it to QI virgins on here.

^ Mostly legal nonsense. Go figure. *shakes head*