Clarkson: Clarkson on QI

Nah, not really. Substitute Ross Noble with one of the following, and you've got it: Jo Brand, Phill Jupitus, Bill Bailey, Rich Hall, or Jimmy Carr. You really need one of the QI Vets to be able to set up Clarkson.

It's rather surprising that the crossover list between QI and SIARPC is as small as it is. Just going off the Wikipedo list of QI guests and SIARPCers, it's only the following: Stephen Fry, Alan Davies (gotta start with them), Jeremy (duh), Bill Bailey, Rich Hall, Jimmy Carr, Rob Brydon, Johnny Vegas, Rory Bremner, Eddie Izzard, David Tennant, and Terry Wogan. I'd kill to see Jo Brand do SIARPC, just to see her discussion with Jeremy beforehand.
Ok, I'll give you the point about setting up Jez with a vet (especially Phill and Bill, in my book), but David Mitchell and Ross Noble are some of my personal favorite panelists. Jo Brand on SIARPC would be brilliant. :lol:

Last edited:
Ross Noble ruined it. Out of his 2 million jokes I think 1 of them were funny.

Just a heads up in case nobody noticed, it looks like Clarkson is making an appearance in the next series of QI with the topic being "Idleness".

No idea on an air date.

'In the autumn, sometime' to quote Stephen Fry. I know that doesn't narrow it down much, mind you :lol:

Last edited:
Also it appears your date is incorrect, it aired Dec 2nd.

Judging by the lack of Clarkson and a different topic (Intelligence - not quite Clarksonian) airing December 2nd I'd wager the air date is correct after all.

Narf's right; it's NEXT week.

Someone over there cocked up, obviously. :nod:

Aaarrgh. Saw this coming, but still.

I've complained. Not because it will help, but because clearly it's the only thing the BBC cares about at the moment :p

I know it's a bit 'tit for tat', but really? Stupid, cowardly and a complete failure to understand audience demographics. They've pulled it because they 'fear a backlash'. Against what? The show's pre-recorded and post-watershed, they could easily remove anything the were worried about (and they've had over a week to do so), and if people want to complain simply because a show contains Jeremy Clarkson, neither the BBC nor Ofcom would be able to take that further. And what about Ross Noble and Dara O'Briain's fans? Hardly fair on them, is it?

I wish I was surprised, but frankly, I'm not. And I've been at a Christmas meal all afternoon, and I didn't have to pay for the wine, so I might have got slightly cross when I emailed the BBC. I didn't swear though, honest...

Last edited:
OK, the BBC say he didn't say anything controversial on QI but the way people are at the moment he would only have to speak slightly out of turn for people (and the Mail) to be 'outraged' again. But the cancellation will be reported in all the papers tomorrow anyway so its not going to help that much. I suppose on balance it's a way of the BBC giving a nod to the 30,000 complaints without doing anything too drastic. Given what they could have done I guess I can live with this.

I know it's a bit 'tit for tat', but really? Stupid, cowardly and a complete failure to understand audience demographics.

THIS TIMES ELEVENTY MILLION. I was looking forward to this one.

:shakefist: