Clarkson prints banks details - then gets fleeced

Well at least the person who fleeced him had a sense of humor. If it was really malicious it would have been to their own "charity" :|

hahahahahah!!!! Man I can't wait for James and Richard to rip into him about this. There's nothing worse than being so publicly wrong.

Surely he just set up a new bank account? Or one of his accounts which he doesn't use much. I don't reckon he would have actually put his own major account details into the public domain. Gees I hate the Daily Mail.

It still kind of proves his point, about the 25M thing.. the most anyone seems to be able to do is give your money to charity.

:lol: I think he set up an account for this, since I don't think he's stupid enough to give his real details away, but it's more surprising to me that someone actually did something cool with the details :mrgreen:

I find this quote from the BBC article interesting and disturbing...

"The bank cannot find out who did this because of the Data Protection Act and they cannot stop it from happening again.​

And I thought the US privacy laws were over the top.

I find this quote from the BBC article interesting and disturbing...

"The bank cannot find out who did this because of the Data Protection Act and they cannot stop it from happening again.​

And I thought the US privacy laws were over the top.

I agree. Laws should be made to protect the innocent and not help the guilty commit a crime and continue to commit that same crime.

Isn't there something about "you have the right to your privacy until you actions affect someone else" in the law?

Perhaps Clarkson has inadvertently done some good here. If the only details printed were the ones given out each time you send someone a cheque, then at least he's shown that there's a pretty big security problem with the system.

is it just me or is clarkson really starting to show his age? i think the guy is great and top gear wouldnt be the same without him, but honestly, he needs to check himself.

^ Yup. And he made his comments on lookinog your age with Simon Cowell [10x05]. He said he doesn't care how he looks.

Leave it to Clarkson. I can't imagine this happening to anyone else, or for that matter, anyone else actually doing that.

He proved quite a point, though, about how increadibly flawed the system is. If all you need is somebody's bloody account number...

I can't find the 2 columns of Clarkson concerning this story... Could anybody give me a link to his column of November where he said he published his bank account informations, and to the one where he admits he's been wrong ?

I read his columns every sunday, and i can't remember seeing them.

Thanks !

i think it's brilliant

even though he's wrong, at least he has the guts to put his money where his mouth is, literally.

there's not many other famous people who have the balls to do that

good on him