Clarkson sparks outrage by claiming Muslim women wear kinky G-strings

Status
Not open for further replies.
2di4kd0.png

Well done Daily Star for making a story out of nothing.
Here's how this sort of thing is done - a journo toddles into the office on Monday morning says "anyone see Top Gear last night? Clarkson said something about a woman in a burka - made me laugh. It's repeated tonight"
News editor says "we've nothing for the front page - we can't run news in this papers, forget the father murdering his family and then killing himself or any one of the hundreds of other real stories out there - work the Clarkson comment up a bit. Call some rentaquotes"
Hack calls Omar Bakri Mohammed, renowned self publicist and nutter (read Jon Ronson's articles on him for details), explains the situation and gets a "quote"
Hack also calls Mediawatch who sigh and say "not again" He checks with BBC to see if there any complaints - there are the usual 5 or 6 that all programmes get. He then spends 5 minutes fluffing it all up into a big controversy, adds some other stuff about the show to make sure his word count is enough to run it on to a second page. And there you go.
Job's a good un.
The only failure is that the news sub was having an off day and couldn't think of a good enough pun for a headline,

Seven out of 6.4 million is quite a low number. In the past Jeremy has sometimes quoted how many complaints they got for different things, while I can't be bothered to remember each figure I think there were a couple complaints in their hundreds for lower viewer numbers.

Whether true or not, it was actuallly pretty funny, :thumbsup: for Jeremy. If people complain about something like this, they need to get a f***ing job/life.

Good job he didn't say every burka wearer is an FGM victim

its the Daily Star, any credibility to the story went out the window as soon as i read its from the Daily Star.
frankly the day people stopped buying newspapers and realised just how little the papers can influence opinions will be the day the Human race actually takes a positive step forward.

its the Daily Star, any credibility to the story went out the window as soon as i read its from the Daily Star.
frankly the day people stopped buying newspapers and realised just how little the papers can influence opinions will be the day the Human race actually takes a positive step forward.

It has increased hits on their (truly appallingly put together) website and that's what counts. Advertising revenue

T_T

It must be true. The Mail is now reporting it.:p

Jeremy Clarkson outrages viewers by announcing on Top Gear he'd seen saucy underwear beneath Muslim woman's burka

Jeremy Clarkson has joined the debate on whether burkas should be permitted in Britain in his own inimitable style.

The outspoken presenter provoked a flurry of complaints after telling viewers of Top Gear on Sunday night that he had seen a Muslim woman wearing saucy underwear beneath her gown.

Clarkson had been discussing the best way to stop drivers being distracted by female pedestrians, along with co-presenters Richard Hammond and James May.

More than six million viewers had tuned in to watch the show, which featured guest appearances from Hollywood stars Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz.

In front of the studio audience, he said: 'This is an important bit of news, I really want to bring this up. People imagine that the most dangerous time of the year to drive is November or perhaps February - dark nights, fog, ice.

'But we were talking about this the other day and we think the most dangerous time to drive a car is round about now. Sunny skies, light breezes, girls wearing short skirts, because the thing is, you can't not look. You can't physically not look.'

Hammond interjected, saying: 'You can physically not use your mobile phone and it's easy not to drive home when you've had 18 pints of lager. But when you're driving along and a girl walks past, you have to look. Actually, do you not think that here, there is actually a case for the burka? Because then the problem would go away.'

Clarkson then replied: 'No, no, no. Honestly, the burka doesn't work. I was in a cab in Piccadilly the other day when a woman in a full burka crossing the road in front of me tripped over the pavement, went head over heels and up it came, red g-string and stockings. I promise that happened. The taxi driver will back me up on that.'

Despite disbelief from his co-stars, Clarkson again insisted the incident took place.

By yesterday morning, seven viewers had already contacted the BBC to complain, while singer Lily Allen labelled the comment 'distasteful' on her Twitter site. Another viewer wrote: 'Clarkson is too old for mini skirt jokes - burka story obscene - horrid.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1297965/Top-Gears-Jeremy-Clarkson-sparks-fury-burka-babes-underwear-joke.html?ito=feeds-newsxml#ixzz0usbr8vep

http://img412.imageshack.**/img412/1222/uinbgfes.png
while singer Lily Allen labelled the comment 'distasteful' on her Twitter site.

Silly bint.

Last edited:
Sometimes I wonder if we'd be better off if we didn't have freedom of press.

You know full well his news editor told him to call the BBC first thing Monday morning to find out if the BBC had any complaints about the Burkha comment after watching it on Sunday.

It's a very easy hit for a churnalist to write - late on Sunday 'quick we need to fill half a page what did clarkson say yesterday that might offend somebody'.

For those Fifth Gear fans here - Richard Desmond who owns the Daily Star is the new owner of Channel 5.

You know full well his news editor told him to call the BBC first thing Monday morning to find out if the BBC had any complaints about the Burkha comment after watching it on Sunday.

It's a very easy hit for a churnalist to write - late on Sunday 'quick we need to fill half a page what did clarkson say yesterday that might offend somebody'.

For those Fifth Gear fans here - Richard Desmond who owns the Daily Star is the new owner of Channel 5.

Isn't that what I just said a few posts ago? It would have been written yesterday not on Sunday night btw

No surprise that the papers kicked this off. Most of what Clarkson says is a reference to the current news stories at the time, I'm sure he enjoys poking fun at the subjects and getting media attention as much as we enjoy listening to him and laughing at the stupid stories.

http://img412.imageshack.**/img412/1222/uinbgfes.png

I don't know what's going on here but I wouldn't complain too much if I was in this situation. Who can say they've had their arse kicked by her? Apart from him obviously...

All they'd have to do on Monday was fill out their boilerplate Clarkson-outrage form. Who did he insult? How many complaints were there? What is the threat against Clarkson by the outragees? etc etc...

Well done Daily Star for making a story out of nothing.
Here's how this sort of thing is done - a journo toddles into the office on Monday morning says "anyone see Top Gear last night? Clarkson said something about a woman in a burka - made me laugh. It's repeated tonight"
News editor says "we've nothing for the front page - we can't run news in this papers, forget the father murdering his family and then killing himself or any one of the hundreds of other real stories out there - work the Clarkson comment up a bit. Call some rentaquotes"
Hack calls Omar Bakri Mohammed, renowned self publicist and nutter (read Jon Ronson's articles on him for details), explains the situation and gets a "quote"
Hack also calls Mediawatch who sigh and say "not again" He checks with BBC to see if there any complaints - there are the usual 5 or 6 that all programmes get. He then spends 5 minutes fluffing it all up into a big controversy, adds some other stuff about the show to make sure his word count is enough to run it on to a second page. And there you go.
Job's a good un.
The only failure is that the news sub was having an off day and couldn't think of a good enough pun for a headline,

Spot on.

7 PEOPLE complained. BBC News gets complaints on a daily basis because a presenter isn't wearing a buttoned up suit or a weather presenter is wearing jeans. 7 Complaints for Top Gear is actually quite low. Even Songs of Praise might get 7 complaints. Surely by this logic, there should be a front page Daily Mail story saying "SONGS OF DISGUST AS WOMAN PRIEST WITH ACTUAL BREASTS IS ON BBC1 SHOW"

Hopefully Clarkson doesn't give a sh*t about these sorts of thing.

You have to laugh at the threat of violence given in the quote from the Muslim spokesman. Don't worry i'm not stupid enough to think he represents every muslim, but those who would actually stoop to such a level really have to look at themselves in the mirror and think "I'm a mental, aren't I".

Oh man the extremists are have been photographed rehearsing for a video calling for Jezza's head:

iasip---season-premiere.jpg

29862_384x288_generated__IbZyGl2WGU2J0s1B5WDs+Q.jpg

"Lily Allen called the comment distasteful on Twitter"
This Lily Allen?

003lilyallenDM_468x596.jpg

Briton_she-drunkard.jpg

lily-allen.jpg

With lyrics like
"Fuck you,
Fuck you very very much"

Dont get me wrong, I quite like Lily Allen, but shes not one to talk ;) Shes hardly the classiest of people lol

Yup, that one.

Your Muslims should be friends with our Muslims. Ours seem quite nice, and yours seem starved for attention.

EDIT: Actually, I take that back. Your tabloids should be friends with our tabloids. Ours are just silly and a little outrageous, whereas yours seem very starved for attention.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.