Clarkson sparks outrage by claiming Muslim women wear kinky G-strings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your Muslims should be friends with our Muslims. Ours seem quite nice, and yours seem starved for attention.

We're not really starved for attention, just a tad bit fed up of the retard red banner gutter newspapers always looking for the first excuse to put a 'Muslim' headline on their front page.

Not that I'm massively surpised by this in anyway, the Star can go toe to toe with the Daily Fail in terms of bullocks news stories. One such example below from a few weeks back:

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/40147/Daily-Star-apologises-for-GTA-Rothbury

I guess if you makeup BS stoties on a regular basis, issuing public apologies is the one thing they get good at ;)

The point is, just because a lot of muslim women choose (and in some cases are forced) to hide their beauty from all men but their husbands, that doesn't mean that they behave the same way in private.

Do you seriously believe they would choose that of their own free will?

Some do, some don't.

Its a religious thing. I find it hard to believe that priests would choose a life of celibacy of their own free will, but they do. I find it hard to believe that people used to self-flagellate of their own free will, but they did.

Last edited:
Damn it! I missed all the excitement!

This reminds me of the South Park episode where the whole town buried their head's in sand because of Family Guy for the depiction of Allah.

I'm really getting tired of everyone walking on thin ice because of religious fanatics. You make a slight joke of something and everyone want's to jump on the bandwagon and call you an anti-Islamic slob. And that's only because they're afraid of getting a 747 shoved up their ass. Do these people not get the fact that the violent fanatics of this religion don't give two shits if you defended them on Twitter? The religion itself is just a pawn, an excuse, to push their agenda and cause fear. Your twitter crusade won't stop them from wanting to put a 7.62 between your eyes! If Clarkson made a joke about a nun, not a damn thing would have been said. And most Christians/Catholics would have laughed at the joke.

And I know I'm late to the party on this comment, but Lily Allen can go jump off a fucking cliff. Christ, that ignorant bitch is annoying.

Sorry for my rant, but this shit pisses me off.

Last edited:
Some do, some don't.

Its a religious thing. I find it hard to believe that priests would choose a life of celibacy of their own free will, but they do. I find it hard to believe that people used to self-flagellate of their own free will, but they did.

But most priests dont have a controlfreak husband pulling the strings. Right?

You're calling all Muslim husbands control freaks?

As I said, some do it voluntarily, others don't.
No, only the ones that tries to control their wife in the name of Islam.
I have seen no evidence that would suggest that a muslim woman would wear such clothing of their own free will, knowing that they would face no consequences if they choose not to wear it.

Last edited:
No, only the ones that tries to control their wife in the name of Islam.
I have seen no evidence that would suggest that a muslim woman would wear such clothing of their own free will, knowing that they would face no consequences if they choose not to wear it.

Well I have.

Whenever this issue is brought up in the Australian media there is usually some imput from a few intelligent, articulate muslim women who are clearly not being oppressed, but instead are outspoken and passionate about their right to honour their religious beliefs as they see fit. I'm not for even a moment suggesting that every woman in a burqa is wearing it voluntarily, but that doesn't give society the right to discriminate against those who are. There has even been suggestions here in the past that the open-faced headscarves be banned based on the aasumption that all muslim women are being forced to wear them. Its just not true.

Last edited:
Well I have.

Whenever this issue is brought up in the Australian media there is usually some imput from a few intelligent, articulate muslim women who are clearly not being oppressed, but instead are outspoken and passionate about their right to honour their religious beliefs as they see fit.

Was honoring their beliefs by wearing such clothes a choice taken on the basis that they would not face any consequences if they had chosen not to wear it tho? I guess we will never know..

No, I guess we never can really know that for sure. Though something tells me that they would not be quite so vocal about it if that were the case.

Yeah their "Own free will" is pretty much bollocks because they're indoctrinated from a young age to believe these things, growing up in a environment that pressures them to believe in them.
If you tell me that a child has been raised into adulthood (I'll accept 18 years of age) with no religious education at all, and then you present them with a series of beliefs (Christian, Catholic, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, etc.) and by themselves choose to follow the Muslim faith and wear those things, then yeah for sure she can. Otherwise her "free will" is just conditioned to what she was taught and forced to do as an impressionable child.

Also to me this is quite the inconvenient "rule" to have in your religion isn't it? How do you know which wifes are good looking, if all you can see is their eyes?
Also isn't belly dancing from the same region of the world as the burqa? How is that explained?

Last edited:
Hate to burst your bubble guys, but I have female family members as well as family friends who have chosen to wear the burqa out of their own free will. These are girls/women who are western born and educated, and in the cases of a few of my cousins, were wearing jeans and the like during their college years. They decided to change, through no pressure from family, and completely of their own free will, and now wear the burqa.

Whilst I won't deny there are Muslim men out there who do abuse their wives, the notion that ALL Muslim women are forced to wear a burqa is ludicrous. People need to accept the fact that many women want to wear such garments through their own choice.

As for BellyDancing: (1) it's prohibitly frowned upon in most Muslim countries, though some such as Turkey, Egypt and Lebanon do show it on mainstream media. And (2) a lot of BellyDancing in the ME is a lot more conservative then you might think (and in some cases, limited to a female only audience). The more stereotypical and sexualised form of Bellydancing actually comes outside the region, and has been heavily influenced by Hollywood over the years. Though as I've mentioned above, there are some exceptions.

I can't remember exactly where I read it but apparantly BellyDancing is more popular in the west then it is in the Muslim world.

Last edited:
And most Christians/Catholics would have laughed at the joke.

What, and Muslims don't laugh at jokes when Clarkson mentions them? 7 people do not represent the millions of Muslims watching TG.

And last I remember, when JC made a joke about Jesus an equal number of Christians complained (this was a few seasons back, can't remember which one).

Hate to burst your bubble guys, but I have female family members as well as family friends who have chosen to wear the burqa out of their own free will. These are girls/women who are western born and educated, and in the cases of a few of my cousins, were wearing jeans and the like during their college years. They decided to change, through no pressure from family, and completely of their own free will, and now wear the burqa.

I rest my case.

What, and Muslims don't laugh at jokes when Clarkson mentions them? 7 people do not represent the millions of Muslims watching TG.

And last I remember, when JC made a joke about Jesus an equal number of Christians complained (this was a few seasons back, can't remember which one).

Never said they didn't. I'm referencing non-muslims.

From what I've seen, someone is always getting their feeling hurt from TG. But because this was a joke involving something in the Muslim religion, people went nuts. Ah, the post 9/11 world.

Last edited:
Never said they didn't. I'm referencing non-muslims.

From what I've seen, someone is always getting their feeling hurt from TG.

My bad then.

And yeah, TG isn't the show for people who are easily upset. Heck I'm still surprised the show has such a big US following considering Jezza's views on American cars, and Americans in general ;)

Whilst I won't deny there are Muslim men out there who do abuse their wives, the notion that ALL Muslim women are forced to wear a burqa is ludicrous.

It's not, actually, when you see one of those extremely unnecessary, cumbersome and hot things worn in the sun, you can't help but think that someone is forcing someone else through that pain.
I still find it hard to believe educated women would convert to a religion that basically tells them they're breeding mares and not much else, have to obey and be faithful to the husband even if he can go and have as many women as he wants, not to mention that if he dies for his faith he'll get 47 brand new girls when he reaches heaven. Surely it was a case of rebellion or something, not a logical choice. Then again, logic and religion dont ever mix

It's not, actually, when you see one of those extremely unnecessary, cumbersome and hot things worn in the sun, you can't help but think that someone is forcing someone else through that pain.
I still find it hard to believe educated women would convert to a religion that basically tells them they're breeding mares and not much else, have to obey and be faithful to the husband even if he can go and have as many women as he wants, not to mention that if he dies for his faith he'll get 47 brand new girls when he reaches heaven. Surely it was a case of rebellion or something, not a logical choice. Then again, logic and religion dont ever mix

That is not true.
And the man cannot marry another women without his wife's permission and even then they can marry with a max. of four, total.
If the wife doesn't allow, he has no right to do so and can be charged by law.
Those who have married though, have been wrong and should not be followed as an example.

This is the important part. You are trying to approach this logically. That just does not work. If a woman chooses to wear a burqua or whatever for religious reasons, there's not much someone outside that religion can say to convince her, however stupid it may seem. You can feel sorry for them, you can blame their upbringing, but it's still their choice.

That is not true.
And the man cannot marry another women without his wife's permission and even then they can marry with a max. of four, total.
If the wife doesn't allow, he has no right to do so and can be charged by law.
Those who have married though, have been wrong and should not be followed as an example.

he : Wife? I want to marry the 16 year old next door, do I have your permission.?
she : no
he : *beats her half to death* , do I have your permission now?
she : yes........yes sir.

Please, spare me the defending bullcrap, in a culture were the respect for a women is below zero and she has little to no rights, , how can you claim that the wife would have a real say in anything?
That's like asking African's to show up for a new election ,claming they have democratic powers as a people now, only the same dictator is the only candidate.....fat lot of good that will do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.