Clarkson: The Eco-Mentalist

flyingfridge

Car(s)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec, VW Passat 118TSI
Ok, well maybe not quite, but he's not all against the environment. Just the wankers who take things too far. Once again Clarkson's editorial article is a fantastic dose of common sense. This man shouldn't be a journalist, he should be in a position of power. But then again, he's probably too smart for that...

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,12529-1785205,00.html

The man's got lots of common sense along with straightforward ideas which tend to make him a good politician I suppose. Would life be that simple if everyone thought JC's way...

And with reference to the article -- I can't figure out how those `cretinous imbeciles manage to lose their effing shoes when they?re out for a walk' either :D

Jezza said:
Once, at a level crossing, the driver of the car in front emptied his ashtray out of the window and I became consumed with a sudden need to shave his face off with some kind of linoleum knife.

Sadly, I didn?t have one to hand, so instead I scooped up all his fag ends and sweet papers and at the next set of red lights lobbed it all through his open window saying: ?I think you dropped something.?

:lmao: :thumbsup:

I'm thinking the shaving of the face with the linoleum knife could kinda hurt. We used those things back in school...

Haha this is hilarious and it was delt with in true Clarkson style. He even wore an old coat cos he knew it was gonna happen :lol: :thumbsup:

Top stuff! I hope we see heaps of moss killing action next season...maybe take that Land Rover up the mountain again! :p

Already, Glasgow council has banned all glass bottles from the city centre and now the government is thinking of making it law.

This is idiotic because those who go around at night glassing one another are the sort of fat oafs who are doing the littering. If therefore we switch to glass, they end up dead, and there is less litter on the beach. Everyone wins.
:lmao:

Don't you have a bottle recycling system in the UK? In Finland we do. For both, plastic and glass bottles... and aluminium cans too. You get paid for every bottle you bring back to stores.

Actually 98 per cent of all bottles are being recycled here. And plastic bottle aren't been priced out of market, glass bottles are just getting more rare because plastic bottles won't break and because they can take more recycle runs. Best of all.. there's no litter.

Jail80 said:
Don't you have a bottle recycling system in the UK? In Finland we do. For both, plastic and glass bottles... and aluminium cans too. You get paid for every bottle you bring back to stores.

Depends on your local authority. The city I lived in until last year was excellent, but where I am now is pants. I often end up taking my recyclables to my 'rents place because their authority is enviro-friendly.

The article was very good. However..I still dont understand why you guys praise Clarkson so much. You act like he's more than an idol... like a god- and that's not good. I'm a huge fan of Clarkson "the journalist" but he's still a "love or hate" (or both) person. :unsure:

Electrastar~Indochine said:
Jail80 said:

Depends on your local authority. The city I lived in until last year was excellent, but where I am now is pants. I often end up taking my recyclables to my 'rents place because their authority is enviro-friendly.

We've got bottle banks everywhere here. Just go to the local supermarket, if not there then there will be some near by, as well as the paper ones, plastic ones, etc. Plus we have recycle wheelie bins as well as regular ones.

There's a bottle bank and a garment bank in the car park at work, so I use the bottle bank (as a bird, I'm pre-programmed to hoard all garments forever). The nearest recycling centre is 7 or 8 miles away, so it's just as easy to take a couple of boxes to my folks 20 miles away, if I do that on a Sunday I'm guaranteed a roasty too. :mrgreen:

So what?s to be done? Well you can forget the notion of asking a council to clear up because it would just wrap everything in red tape and make it worse, and you can?t rely on environmentalists because they?re too busy shoving pies into my face.
:lol: He's got a point, too.

It's good to know he's not out for wanton destruction of the environment, even if it is for selfish reasons like protecting his own seaside cottage.

and you can?t rely on environmentalists because they?re too busy shoving pies into my face.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm actually suprised that there is no organised recycling in the UK.
Here in Denmark if you buy a soda, beer, vine or alcohol you pay a deposit and when you return the bottle you get your money back.
You can return it to whatever store you like, but most stores only accept the brands they sell, but most stores have the same kind.

i just have to post the picture that inspierd him to do that...

Clarkson.jpg

AHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

He's a bloody brilliant AND entertaining writer!

mgkdk said:
I'm actually suprised that there is no organised recycling in the UK.
Here in Denmark if you buy a soda, beer, vine or alcohol you pay a deposit and when you return the bottle you get your money back.
You can return it to whatever store you like, but most stores only accept the brands they sell, but most stores have the same kind.

No that would be too much like sensible for our stupid leaders!

I hate people who drop their litter. It drives me up the wall. Its not like its difficult to not do.

Its just ignorant!

I often wonder, if recycleing is actually worth doing. You can buy a brand new cardboard box for 50p in the UK. So is it worth recycling an old cardboard box? It must cost more than 50p to pick it up, take it to a recycling plant, etc. It?s probably cheaper to make a new box? We have more than one bin at our house and we can only put certain rubbish in certain bins. It would involve us sorting out or rubbish before throwing it away. We are too busy (lazy) to do this. So we just throw all our rubbish in the one bin. There's no incentive to recycle, we get nothing from it. But, you can?t help thinking someone, somewhere is making money out of recycling and we?re doing all the work.

Our local web site on the subject is full of non-sense.

http://www.wasteinwiltshire.com/index.php?fuseaction=wiw.showPage&id=4

* Say 'no thanks' to a carrier bag when out shopping

And how do I carry my shopping then?

* Avoid everyday disposable items like razors and batteries

OK, and use what to shave my legs and power my MP3 player?