Clarkson: The Italian Job DVD

Amanaman

Car(s)
2007 Seat Ibiza 1.4 16v Stylance
It wouldn't be Christmas without the annual Clarkson DVD, and the title along with a teasing synopsis is already floating on Amazon:

It?s that time of year to start thinking about that perfect Christmas gift ? or a treat for yourself....And it?s that time of year to be thinking about what might just be in my new dvd. Well, we?ve come up with a title: The Italian Job. That might give you a clue to where it?s being filmed. Coming up with that title did take quite a lot of our time, so the actual content is still being sorted.

But, because we?re going to Italy, there could be some Ferraris. There could be some Lamborghinis...and a Zonda....all going very fast.

There could also be some pasta in a rich tomato sauce - which could get a bit messy for a certain tame racing driver.

I?m sure there might be some other cars to whet your appetite as well.

There?ll be lots more to tell you nearer Christmas ? when we?ve come up with some more ideas.

As usual, a 2 disc edition will also a be available with exclusive behind the scenes footage, though it also mentions there will be "special packaging."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Clarkson-It...=sr_1_16?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1281553247&sr=1-16

Lovely Stuff. Christmas would not be Christmas without a slightly rubbish Clarkson DVD.

Here, here.

Just preordered mine today on amazon UK, best price, especially if shipping from overseas like me. Thanksgiving in the US isn't the same without a new Clarkson DVD, period.

Thank god hes making one this year.
I didnt see anything or hear, so i thought maybe he was taking a year off.
I could have sworn they would normally be out around this time of year usually earlier in summer..?
guess not.

As it?s time once again to make my Christmas DVD, I have many cars to play with. They are as follows: a Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG, a Ferrari 458 Italia, a Ferrari 599 GTO, a Porsche 911 GT3, a Porsche 911 GT3 RS, a Lamborghini Gallardo LP 570-4 Superleggera, an Ariel Atom 500 V8 ... is your mouth watering yet? Well, swallow hard, because I haven?t got to the cress on the prawn cocktail yet.

The Pagani Zonda R. The car that has just destroyed the lap record at the N?rburgring.

nom

Welcome to my first double disc release. That?s two discs in one box.
Disc One

It?s The Italian Job so obviously, I head to Kent in England for the race of a lifetime. But first I have to get ready. So, it?s the Fiorano test track in Italy where I spend a while not getting ready at all. I try the gym but it?s all rubbish so instead, I decide to compare Ferrari?s 458 Italia and the limited edition 599 GTO. On paper, that doesn?t seem fair. But in reality?.

Next stop is the infamous Imola race circuit. The Stig joins me to get the most out of the Porsche GT3 and its stripped out cousin the GT3 RS. Also present are the Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera and the jaw-dropping Mercedes SLS AMG with its gullwing doors.

My face gets a workout too, thanks to an Ariel Atom. With a V8 engine. Then, for some reason, The Stig does something terrible to the face of Rubens Barrichello. My final Italian shake-down comes from the ?1.3 million, Nurburgring lap record holder ? the Zonda R with its 750 horsepower V12 and slick tyres.

Finally, I?m ready. So it?s back to England for my first ever Classic Touring Car Race...I don?t know the car, I don?t know the circuit and I?m up against 20 experienced rivals...What could possibly go wrong?

Disc Two

The making of The Italian Job is revealed. Yes, we lift the lid ? and blow the doors off ? all the behind the scenes action. A team of fifteen on the road for ten days . Blistering Italian sun, mechanical problems and technical headaches plus tricks of the trade...It?s all here is an exclusive tell-all video diary.

Then of course, everything else explodes. Over the past 15 years I?ve destroyed some hateful cars in some ingenious ways. Now, for the first time ever, the best five of those destructions ? as voted for by you ? are brought together on this second disc.

Enjoy?.

Special Features
2-disc special edition

Behind-the-scenes footage
Special packaging

his best DVD yet? possibly

Woohoo, some more Lancia Beta vs Morris Marina with a Piano on roof -action! :D