Clarkson: The Italian Job DVD

Sounds good. Can't wait for my copy to arrive. :mrgreen:

"Stop drifting." :lol:

That part made me laugh too.

It was a shame he didn't engage the electronic nannies in the GTO when he raced it against the 458. It's just unavoidable, once you get to a certain level of power, electronic nannies are necessary. I constantly read reviews of super/sports cars where the best lap times were set with some level of the traction control engaged, even with professional racing drivers behind the wheel.

Last edited:
"Sacked Stig" alone made it a winner.

This is a very different side of Clarkson. I watched Duel again the other night, and the difference in tone between the two really struck me. He would have never thrown in a scene like the final one at Imola in one of his DVDs before this. I wonder if there's something more going on that we don't know about. Or maybe it's just hitting the Big Five-Oh. But I really enjoyed it.

Clarkson DVDs are the definition of Ambitious But Rubbish. This year, the ambition was rewarded.

BTW, the extras DVD has been ripped and uploaded at various locations.

Really enjoyed it, but it was also taken seriously rather than cocking about with celebs or stereotypes. It really shows that he knows his stuff, instead of pretending that he's a noob.

Nothing exploded? I was kind of surprised at that. This was a very good DVD, really enjoyed it. I wonder whether he will end up buying the SLS.

Enjoyed the DVD. Really liked the no-nonsense feel of it. :D

I have a theory to the lack of explosions etc. The filming was probably done before the whole Stig drama right? So maybe the explosions and idiotic items included the Stig. Because of the Stig drama they excluded all the items including the Stig and there by removing the explosions and idiotic items.
Thats what I think...

Enjoyed the DVD. Really liked the no-nonsense feel of it. :D

I have a theory to the lack of explosions etc. The filming was probably done before the whole Stig drama right? So maybe the explosions and idiotic items included the Stig. Because of the Stig drama they excluded all the items including the Stig and there by removing the explosions and idiotic items.
Thats what I think...

"Sacked Stig" actually participated in a couple of segments...

No HD rip yet? I really wanted to buy this one but its PAL only and wont work here :( So my only options are torrents...

I liked this one a lot.... it was good ol' Clarkson fun.
But why did he say it was his first experience in motoracing? What about the 24 hours brit racing they did in Top Gear?
Also I would have liked to see what the 458 did to the SLS in a lap of Imola. They're the same price, have the same power, and he didn't run them against eachother cos he didn't want to see his new favourite car getting slaughtered. I know one is a mid engine supercar and the other a front engine, but he pitched it against the Lambo, so why not.

I liked this one a lot.... it was good ol' Clarkson fun.
But why did he say it was his first experience in motoracing? What about the 24 hours brit racing they did in Top Gear?
Also I would have liked to see what the 458 did to the SLS in a lap of Imola. They're the same price, have the same power, and he didn't run them against eachother cos he didn't want to see his new favourite car getting slaughtered. I know one is a mid engine supercar and the other a front engine, but he pitched it against the Lambo, so why not.

The Atom V8 is the same price aswell and I'm fairly sure it would destroy the 458 without any problems, so don't read much into it. Personally I wanted to see the GT3 RS vs the SLS, but hey. :)

Nice DVD, i love the bit when they show a part of one of his old VHS tapes and cue that old cheesy intro theme. And it seems he's finally run out of stuff to blow up. This is the clarkson we need, he cocks about when it's appropriate (Camaro) not when it's not.

It seems he read our views on Duel (not likely) or that now that they're making one series a year, you get a lot more quality over quantity. Series 14 was series 14 because they simply had too much stuff going on.

Does anyone else scratch their head every time Clarkson talks about how beautiful the 458 is?

I mean, it's not bad, but I don't think it's any better looking than the 430, 360, 575, and 599, just to name a few recent ones.

Actually, I think it is. I didn't from the start, but it's grown on me a lot. I still think the Scuderia is the best looking Ferrari recently and this is a close second.

For me, it has to be the 575 as the best looking in recent years.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/to/tomcat/2010/11/16/Ferrari_575-1.jpg

I think the 458 is an amazing machine. If I could afford a car of that caliber, it would be my first choice. I'm just not seeing what's pretty about it. The whole middle of the car is nice, with it's graceful lines and curves, but the front and rear? Meh. The triple exhausts are a nice touch though.

For me, The 456 is the best looking of recent years

What's the song that's played in the BONUS dvd, when they are showing
the shoot of the yellow GT3 with the slow motion camera and the ball-bearings?
FYI, it's only DVD, so no HD rip (480p max).

This years DVD really did have a different feeling to it. Clarkson was, dare I say, more serious this year than his past DVDs. There wasn't any ridiculous stunts, or explosions....or burnt out caravans. It was pretty much just reviews (which I more than love). Cinematography was of course top notch, and the bonus disk was really cool! It was the first time I ever saw behind the scenes stuff, and it is very interesting stuff. The drama behind the scenes alone could be a show. I wish they come out with behind the scenes DVDs for TG!

I like the 430 more than the 458, too. And it's all about the stupid headlights. They're just wrong. The rest of the car is sexy, but those things... grrrr