Clarkson 'threatened' 12 year old boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel no sympathy for the kid, little bugger deserved a nice scaring. Kid clearly learned a harsh lesson in respecting peoples privacy.

forget clarkson being a "celebrity" but just a man

if you well lying on a beach and some 12 year old came up and took a picture of you and ran off you'd be pretty pissed off

nothing to do with parenting or celebrity.

i'm on a media course and i know how pissed people can get if you just point a camera near them. then there's the release forms you have to get contributors to sign.

and i don't think 4 less viewers of a worldwide show watched by billions will have much impact. and now it's clarkson's move, just wait until the new series. this may return as he finishes with one fell sweep of his rant muscle and by that time he will have delt the finisher and the media will have fucked off to take pictures of jordan and peter andre.

i put myself in clarkson's situation... if i was asleep on a beach, i would be very pissed off if someone took a picture of me (not that i'm famous or anything). if the kid came up and asked "hey, can i have a picture please" then i would be happy because he asked politely and then i would consider his question. if the kid took one without my permission, i'd shoot my mouth off too. not a great reaction in PR terms when you're in the public arena like clarkson, but a HUMAN one.

i put myself in clarkson's situation... if i was asleep on a beach, i would be very pissed off if someone took a picture of me (not that i'm famous or anything). if the kid came up and asked "hey, can i have a picture please" then i would be happy because he asked politely and then i would consider his question. if the kid took one without my permission, i'd shoot my mouth off too. not a great reaction in PR terms when you're in the public arena like clarkson, but a HUMAN one.

But then I presume you will say something like. "Hey, dont do that, its impolitely, do you understand what you've just did? That was very rude, now delete the picture and don't ever do that again."

Tell the kid what he has done wrong, because he obviously doesn't know that, but for bloody fucking sakes, don't go off and swear like that to a kid. Especially in Clarkson's case (a 6'5" man), very intimidating to a kid.

What Clarkson said was totally inappropriate, you can't expect a 12yr old to know all the manners in the world, last time I checked, a 12yr old boy has not even reached the teenage hood yet. And yet, Clarkson and most FG members on this thread seems to rekon that by the age of 12, you should be treated as if you know everything what and what not to do. What is the fucking point of parenting the kids then??? Might as well as send them off to work, seeing as they know everything already.

I remember when I was 12, I caused a whole bunch of trouble for my folks and other adults, got plenty of scolding and beatings but I never got a "fuck you" straight to my face like that. Guess I'm lucky that I grew up around well mannered adults.

I'm not saying Clarkson didn't have the right to be annoyed, he certainly has, and the kid is the one at wrong. But JC's response to that is just totally inappropriate, as an adult and a father. I would like to see someone do that to his kids, and see how he will react to that.

Last edited:
I feel no sympathy for the kid, little bugger deserved a nice scaring. Kid clearly learned a harsh lesson in respecting peoples privacy.

Horseshit. Privacy? On a public beach? Are you kidding me? Gee, I'll bet you get morally outraged every time you see a candid picture of a hot chick - cuz, you know, privacy and all that, right?

Jeremy is a well-known public figure. The kid wasn't taking a picture to sell to a tabloid, I don't know any 12-year-olds that do, do you? Jeremy knows that. Jeremy flew off the handle and threatened to kill a child. Maybe that made him feel like a big, tough man, who knows? Either way, it was a stupid move and made Clarkson look like a huge douche. Which, outside of television, I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

Also, for all the people saying "he should have asked," can you remember when you were 12? If you saw your hero sleeping on the beach, you'd be shaking in your shorts at the thought of even talking to them - the idea of waking them up would seem outrageous and disrespectful.

Last edited:
If i'd been involved in an argument with a group of young teenagers in Milton Keynes and had photo's of me published in major UK newspapers beforehand, I would of acted in the same way. Who cares if the 12 year old was not going to sell the picture to the tabloids, he still took the picture.....Fair enough though, he should not have used that language, but thats Clarkson all over

Come on though, talk about the the kids father making a big deal....."He always watched TG and was a big fan but not anymore" and being shocked with the BBC's response, its pathetic.

Last edited:
Remember that he said this a day later! So he had one day to figure out what to say if he sees him. Even if you are pissed you should not say rip your fucking head off to a 12 year old.

Who cares if the 12 year old was not going to sell the picture to the tabloids, he still took the picture.....

Are you really that stupid? A preteen child takes a picture of his favorite TV presenter to put in his photo album back home, and you chalk that right up there with tabloid production? Get real.

Wow chill man, I admit Clarksons attitude was out of place. Having met him myself, he tells people in the audience to "Eff off" It's just the way he is.

BTW BerserkerCatSplat, nice avatar lol, Rick Astley is a legend :D

Last edited:
Wow chill man, I admit Clarksons attitude was out of place. Having met him myself, he tells people in the audience to "Eff off" It's just the way he is.

BTW BerserkerCatSplat, nice avatar lol, Rick Astley is a legend :D

Those people in the audience are 18-34 year old adults who expect and aren't surprised by such abuse, not a 12-year old boy on vacation who didn't know how he would act. You can't hold the same standards for both types of people.

Clarkson is clearly the antagonist in here, and the fact that some people in this thread are so vapidly defending him against a small kid is downright disgusting. :rolleyes:

Ouch, my poor rep :(

Seems not belonging to the church of jeremy clarksons balls means you're a heretic around these parts.

Those people in the audience are 18-34 year old adults who expect and aren't surprised by such abuse, not a 12-year old boy on vacation who didn't know how he would act. You can't hold the same standards for both types of people.

Clarkson is clearly the antagonist in here, and the fact that some people in this thread are so vapidly defending him against a small kid is downright disgusting. :rolleyes:

QFT mate

im sorry but if you want something in grade school, do you not ask? do you still not ask your profs your teachers your bosses your wives or your husbands for their permission to do certain things? didnt you do this to your friends and family when you were twelve?

i thought asking people for permission to do certain things about their person was just another form of respect. i guess being an ignorant little pisswad 12 year old with a cell phone ( whats a 12 year old doing with a cell phone?) gets you off the hook scott free now?

look, you all knew to respect your elders ( i hope) when you were 12. if not , you learnt soon thereafter. so the kid got yelled at by a crochetty tv presenter on a beach. would he have been as scared if a bum on the sidewalk said the same thing to him about taking his photo? no. but would you ppl have something negative to say about the bum being pissed, ya, you totally would

HE JUST TOOK A PICTURE!

Walking down the street, hey look theres jeremy clarkson!

I think i would take his picture too, sleeping or not. If one of our members came here posting a picture of clarkson sleeping on the beach you would all be happy as a clam, but now you use it as an excuse to find jesus clarkson not guilty of not only yelling at, but threatening bodily harm on a child.

I wouldnt defend MY MOTHER if she threatened to rip the head off a child, much less some asshole on TV.

Snotty little kid deserves it because Clarkson is always right. I'd be pissed off if someone took a picture of me. Why does he go on holidays ? To get away from snotty nose kids taking pictures of him on their teenie weenie cameras. CHRIS SHUT, UP HES 12, HES NOT A BABY !

Clarkson didn't act like much of an adult, but neither did the little shutterbugs' parents by the sound of things. By twelve I knew how to respect others and their privacy, and If I didn't my parents sure wouldn't be letting me run around by myself in a strange place. But Clarkson has to be mature here as he's not the twelve year old and the fact that he's representing himself the BBC and the show.

Either way it's only one side of the story and it's from the Mirror which as I gather is more worthless than a used tampon.

No hero worship here.

1. We have only seen kids dad's account on what happened. I am guessing there is more to the story.

2. kid did wrong

3. Jeremy did wrong

4. dad did wrong

But of those 3, dad did the most wrong in my opinion. Not only did he do wrong running to the papers and the BBC, but he was wrong to let his son be protrayed in the newspaper like that.

I know 12 year old boys. Have raised a few myself. Still have one that is a nephew. If they read crap like that in the newspapers about themselves, I can promise you that would be a bigger problem than having some grouchy man yell at them. One the other hand, if I promised them a potentially big payout from it, it may help soften their embarrassement.

if you well lying on a beach and some 12 year old came up and took a picture of you and ran off you'd be pretty pissed off

No i wouldnt, and i doubt very much any of you would either.

What is this, the 1800's? Do cameras still steal our souls?

No hero worship here.

1. We have only seen kids dad's account on what happened. I am guessing there is more to the story.

2. kid did wrong

3. Jeremy did wrong

4. dad did wrong

1) True, I totally agree.

2) kid is 12, you don't expect kids to know everything, since he is 12, not even a teenager yet.

3) Big time

4) Not really, considering most other dads will resolve to a fist fight with Clarkson. Having someone yell "FUCK YOU" to your 12yr son is not acceptable in any parent's standards. I think the dad in this case have all the reasons to get offended and bitch about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.