Clarkson's "lady area" t-shirt causes problems

alfaholic

Car(s)
^
Is the pic censored or is it actually blurred on the t-shirt like that?

flydiscovery

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
Clarkson is very correct about the funny t-shirts. They have to be used with great care to the time, place and company.

For instance - my "Practice Safe Sex, Make Love in a Volvo" shirt. Great when worn in front of car geeks (like us:)) and generally around male english-speaking people.
Women don't normally get it, and I have to explain the logic behind it.

But it's much much worse, when I wear where English is a second language...now I'm in Bulgaria and nobody gets it! People can understand english (generally) but they can't catch the humor.
What's worse...my Volvo is back in the states, and I'm currently driving a VW. So my otherwise funny t-shirt, is now utterly pointless.

MWF

Now needs wood
Car(s)
MX-5 1.8i Indiana SE, update pending
Clarkson is very correct about the funny t-shirts. They have to be used with great care to the time, place and company.

For instance - my "Practice Safe Sex, Make Love in a Volvo" shirt. Great when worn in front of car geeks (like us:)) and generally around male english-speaking people.

But it's much much worse, when I wear where English is a second language...now I'm in Bulgaria and nobody gets it! People can understand english (generally) but they can't catch the humor.
What's worse...my Volvo is back in the states, and I'm currently driving a VW. So my otherwise funny t-shirt, is now utterly pointless.
Oh I dunno. I mean, if the car's in the US and you're in Bulgaria....... at least if you get propositioned by some Bulgarian Biffer you can turn her down on the basis you don't have "protection". Sounds pretty safe to me.

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
I've thought about it:) But 850's are extremely rare here. Almost all old Volvos are the 400-series and they are not particularly good cars.

Wyvern

Car(s)
Triumph Herald 1200, in need of arse transplant
This is why Volvos are great cars for 17 year olds :lol:

I used to date a guy who had a Volvo. Good times...

freefall

Car(s)
MX-5 NC
The tshirt is actually blurred.
Bollocks. Where did you read that?

You can clearly see it's block-filtered (blurred) with no regard for perspective or cloth distortion. I.e. it's a photograph post-processing. That's what I see.

flydiscovery

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS
Bollocks. Where did you read that?

You can clearly see it's block-filtered (blurred) with no regard for perspective or cloth distortion. I.e. it's a photograph post-processing. That's what I see.
:rolleyes:
Please bother to read the included links and browse through the images there-in. There are several images of the shirt from different angles.

spicysaurus

Car(s)
2007 MX-5
Please bother to read the included links and browse through the images there-in. There are several images of the shirt from different angles.
Eh, I'm not sure about that. There are several photos, and none of the rest of them are pixelated the same way. In fact, some of them seem to be a doubling of a very clear CUNT. Plus, the pixelation in the close-up is exactly parallel to the sides of the photo (which is not vertical to the orientation of the lettering on the shirt).

I think it probably just says CUNT. Which is lovely.

CUNT

Sorry, I just love that word.

racingfan1

Yep, and not a single photo suggests the shirt being blurred. In fact, in photo 10 of the rehearsal gallery seems to suggest clearly legible letters. Which tells me all blurring of the shirt happens in editing.

babyjoe

Car(s)
Honda Civic
Oh, I found the blurring to be the funny aspect of it all, because then it's not clear what's the exact word as we've already discussed. With no blurring at all, I find the Tshirt just dumb.