Clarkson's "lady area" t-shirt causes problems

World will become a better place once all people will realize that it is not the word, but the CONTEXT in which it is used.

World will become a better place once all people will realize that it is not the word, but the CONTEXT in which it is used.

Wise words, that man.

I had some beer and I came up with this:

1236xaf.jpg

Is the pic censored or is it actually blurred on the t-shirt like that?

Clarkson is very correct about the funny t-shirts. They have to be used with great care to the time, place and company.

For instance - my "Practice Safe Sex, Make Love in a Volvo" shirt. Great when worn in front of car geeks (like us:)) and generally around male english-speaking people.
Women don't normally get it, and I have to explain the logic behind it.

But it's much much worse, when I wear where English is a second language...now I'm in Bulgaria and nobody gets it! People can understand english (generally) but they can't catch the humor.
What's worse...my Volvo is back in the states, and I'm currently driving a VW. So my otherwise funny t-shirt, is now utterly pointless.

Clarkson is very correct about the funny t-shirts. They have to be used with great care to the time, place and company.

For instance - my "Practice Safe Sex, Make Love in a Volvo" shirt. Great when worn in front of car geeks (like us:)) and generally around male english-speaking people.

But it's much much worse, when I wear where English is a second language...now I'm in Bulgaria and nobody gets it! People can understand english (generally) but they can't catch the humor.
What's worse...my Volvo is back in the states, and I'm currently driving a VW. So my otherwise funny t-shirt, is now utterly pointless.

Oh I dunno. I mean, if the car's in the US and you're in Bulgaria....... at least if you get propositioned by some Bulgarian Biffer you can turn her down on the basis you don't have "protection". Sounds pretty safe to me.

I've thought about it:) But 850's are extremely rare here. Almost all old Volvos are the 400-series and they are not particularly good cars.

This is why Volvos are great cars for 17 year olds :lol:

I used to date a guy who had a Volvo. Good times...

The tshirt is actually blurred.

Bollocks. Where did you read that?

You can clearly see it's block-filtered (blurred) with no regard for perspective or cloth distortion. I.e. it's a photograph post-processing. That's what I see.

Bollocks. Where did you read that?

You can clearly see it's block-filtered (blurred) with no regard for perspective or cloth distortion. I.e. it's a photograph post-processing. That's what I see.

:rolleyes:
Please bother to read the included links and browse through the images there-in. There are several images of the shirt from different angles.

Please bother to read the included links and browse through the images there-in. There are several images of the shirt from different angles.

Eh, I'm not sure about that. There are several photos, and none of the rest of them are pixelated the same way. In fact, some of them seem to be a doubling of a very clear CUNT. Plus, the pixelation in the close-up is exactly parallel to the sides of the photo (which is not vertical to the orientation of the lettering on the shirt).

I think it probably just says CUNT. Which is lovely.

CUNT

Sorry, I just love that word.

I find KYNT to be quite a lovely substitute

Yep, and not a single photo suggests the shirt being blurred. In fact, in photo 10 of the rehearsal gallery seems to suggest clearly legible letters. Which tells me all blurring of the shirt happens in editing.

Oh, I found the blurring to be the funny aspect of it all, because then it's not clear what's the exact word as we've already discussed. With no blurring at all, I find the Tshirt just dumb.