Clarkson's Meghan column receives record number of complaints

Hah, there's always a 'but'. Personally I'd feel sorry for those working on the shows but wouldn't be sad if Clarkson's TV career finally ended.

I believe he meant what he said, because it's Clarkson.

They are only seeing out the contracts that are signed, probably to mitigate their losses and avoid penalties.

Clarkson's comments were abhorrent, disgusting, and cruel. He absolutely deserves this, I just feel bad for Hammond and May who once again get punished for Clarkson's mouth.

If this actually happens I feel more sorry for the people behind the scenes because James May has his programs on Amazon and there is no reason to cancel his Our man in ........ series and Richard Hammond has his Workshop program over on Discovery maybe the time is right for the Grand Tour to end and lets be honest after 21 or so years they have had one hell of a run with both Top Gear and Grand Tour.

I was really enjoying Clarkson's Farm; despite all his buffoonery, it did a lot to raise people's awareness of farming difficulties in the UK. Despite his many personal failings, Clarkson is an excellent content creator and presenter; I just wish he had that internal censor to kick in when he's come up with something that's also hurtful.

It rather seems that that would've been the announcement Amazon would've made even if he hadn't written that column honestly. Clarkson will be 65 and likely deciding he's very old and would rather spend his days birdwatching at that time anyway.

Hammond and May have their own things now. Clarkson will once again not remember that he has to be funny and creative to balance out insulting. Nor will he learn that there's nothing so big that he can't destroy it by sticking his foot in his mouth.

Everything is as it was.

I was really enjoying Clarkson's Farm; despite all his buffoonery, it did a lot to raise people's awareness of farming difficulties in the UK. Despite his many personal failings, Clarkson is an excellent content creator and presenter; I just wish he had that internal censor to kick in when he's come up with something that's also hurtful.
I feel the same. I really like his shows and love him as a TV personality and even his columns are usually a very good read. But he seems to lack someone to reflect his thoughts with and who occasionally pulls him back down to earth. It's such a shame. I grew up with Clarkson, Hammond and May. I think I've watched every TopGear episode at least three or four times. It hurts to see him ruining his career and possibly his life. I can't not wish him the best. But I can understand Amazons reaction on it.

For The Grand Tour, I think the show was pretty much over anyway. We only got one new episode last year. We didn't even get a christmas special this time. All three of them have started other shows and seem really dedicated to them. I can't see them doing a lot of filming for the Grand Tour anymore, simply because they don't have any time for it left. I think at least Clarkson and Hammond have already quit TGT in their heads. Its just that the decision has now been made for them.

It rather seems that that would've been the announcement Amazon would've made even if he hadn't written that column honestly. Clarkson will be 65 and likely deciding he's very old and would rather spend his days birdwatching at that time anyway.

Hammond and May have their own things now. Clarkson will once again not remember that he has to be funny and creative to balance out insulting. Nor will he learn that there's nothing so big that he can't destroy it by sticking his foot in his mouth.

Everything is as it was.

Pretty much this. If Amazon was actually mad about the column they would have straight canned him, not said "uh yeah, we're firing him... two, maybe three years from now when all of our current projects come to their natural end"

So, by the time the contracts end, everyone will have forgotten about it again.

So, in two years, Clarkson will retire. That's not unreasonable for a man his age. Do you think that Tesco would hire him?

In all seriousness, I am really hoping that they will make the last episode of The Grand Tour an extra special episode.

So, by the time the contracts end, everyone will have forgotten about it again.
Pretty much. And he gets to leave and spend his waning years in his literal castle in oxfordshire.

Holy crap, he's only 62?!

A lifetime of chain smoking and probably also alcoholism.

What a lifetime of cigarettes and booze will do to you...
Jezza's appearance/health has fascinated/horrified us for years:

Good to see that James isn’t affect by clarksons mouth.

I'm torn. Clarkson is incredibly creative and makes amazing TV shows, but he's really doubled down on being an insufferable ass as he gets older.