Clarkson's Vietnam Vespa For Sale....

speedyvespa

Car(s)
Range Rover, Porsche 911 T, Mini Cooper S, Audi TT
Anybody interested?

saigonscootercenter.jpg

"This has to be the most famous Vespa on the planet"... well, Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck might have something to say about that, but we do know at least it has a new engine.

On the other hand, it's also been binned and been floated out to sea.... one not very careful owner.

I wonder if it comes with the weed bag? :hmm:

Wait a minute... didn't that Vespa get turned into a paddle boat? What did they do to "restore" it? (Honoestly, I would rather have the water-going version)

Last edited:
Going by all the sales of Top Gear cars and the like I don't see them making much off of this. Clarkson isn't exactly Graham Hill.

I think it should be bought by top gear and put on display with the other junk stuff in the studio.

Meh, it doesnt even have 4 wheels.

Would the vespa be able to reach a speed though where it would be able to slow down just as it crosses the line?

hm, why are they selling it in saigon (hcmc?) didn't team top gear start their trek there and move up north to hanoi and halong bay? i mean, in about a week's time, i'm doing the trek the other way down (by train though).. anyway why would they cart it across the country again? and judging by the asking prices for their other vespas, this is probably going to be 100% over the price jezza had to put down.. (~$2800 at current exchange rates). restauration rip-off? ;), plus an additional 100% for celebrity status lol