Classic car sales and auctions

Better get an NSFW warning on this if there's suctions going on.

1969 American Motors AMX/3 just sold for $891,000
C2uIgZXUoAA8zxa.jpg

Only 700 miles since new... Does it mean that it was that terrible to drive? Or that they pushed it that far? :tease:

I will never understand a car that was not used by anyone other than a manufacturer. In case of the maker, it would be their museum piece.
I understand it, but I don't like it. It's pure speculation by the buyer. I know if I had a big pile of cash sitting around gathering dust, you bet your sweet bippy I'll buy all the special editions I can get my hands on and put them back. Of course it could backfire, but I'll drive them, not a lot, but some...

Interesting story about that one. It's kind of a Johnny Cash "One Piece at a Time" Tucker.

The movie by Francis Ford Coppola sure is worth a watch, I recommend it to anybody.

Ugh that Viper. Some other fantastic stuff in there, too. Ok, everything is great, really. I take that Packard Coupe, please.

Hmm... estimates for some of the cars are really low.

I think it's one of those situations where the "owner" of the lots is facing jail time and the proceeds from the auction are going towards his debts or whatever. As I understand it, that could mean legal complications when buying anything.