Clear rims...

Umm, I wasn't responding to you. Upon careful examination you may notice that my post not only quotes Ventura, but addresses many of the things he mentioned in his post.

But, hey. A+ for enthusiasm, just D- on execution.

A barely passing grade is better than failing I guess :D

Blind_Io:

I got to admit you have some very valid points. Besides people blasting tracks about peace and world issues or what not. Im more worried about these so called "gangsta" rappers who only talk about what he/she got. Money, hoes, and all this bling is just a bonus. At times it feels like just yesterday they were noone, and now when they got more money than they can handle, they start to get over their heads.

Most of the songs are very disgusting. Make no sense. And from previous years, now-a-days rappers can only mention what he/she can own - better yet rent cars for their music videos. I dont want to listen to some person talking about how so many girls like him, or how he beated over 10 hoes in one night - quiet an accomplishment/

At the same time tho, there are/were several tracks and there are still several rappers that talk world issues, etc. Those tracks never stayed at the top for very long, which makes a lot of sense since rap has almost brainwashed youngsters. From many prespectives rap is a very sad genre. It basically shows how one can change into a total asshole once that person start making the big bucks. Unlike many other types of music, classical, jazz, etc rap looks at what a person wants and probably never be able to get.

Im very sure that when rap started out, it wasnt meant to be like it is now. It was started at a time of suffering and pain. Where people expressed their emotions through words. But now these (most) fags (rappers) cant seem to tlak about anything but their money, how they can beat up people, and the hoes theyve fucked. Sad!

Unfortunately, you have been listening to rap on the radio for too long and generalizing a genre of music. You assume that all rap music is like that. Listen to Talib Kweli. And I mean listento his lyrics.

Last edited:
I think it's funny that white supremecists love rap, or rather, the idea of modern popular rap.

I like underground hip hop a bit, Kool Keith, Dan the Automator, the Dangerdoom set and most of what's on Chrome Children. Mainstream shit they play on the radio is so redundant and unintelligent. I hate when guys have the local "hip hop" station on while working, because they play the same 15 songs and once in a great while mix in something from the early to mid ninties. It's like someone plugged in his iPod shuffle after spending $20 in iTunes and just left.