"Client Version is banned" error

not a big hassle to continue getting the show.

another question

another question

wait wait ...
OK ... i've installed Azureus 2.2.0.0 and what ?? f... nothing ... im trying to download the new TopGear epizode withe the Azureus, and it says "TRACER/ offline (time out)"

HELP !!!!!!!! I WANT TO WATH THE NEW TG !!!

Can our GUI loving admin please suggest a working CLI BitTorrent client that will work since *the* BitTorrent 3.4.2 doesn't....

I am A bit dissappointed though since I use Shareaza 2.1 and it dosent work anymore. :(

please

please

bigfoot1942 ... couldnt You make it work ... as it DID ... ??
As You can see, NOW it's not ... not only in my case!

REPLY !!

if You wont change anything, PLEASE tell us all how to download TG, or WITH WHAT and how ...

Re: "Client Version is banned" error - don't use o

Messiah said:
bigfoot1942 said:
i will start banning old clients from using the tracker anytime soon.

This is because they demand much more upload from the tracker than the new clients. (this is because the new clients support "compact tracker protocol", also called "UDP tracker client protocol" and the old clients dont.)

This way i can help seeding, and it allows me to configure the trackers in a way that would increase download speeds in general, and allows the tracker to handle more clients.

edit:
for short:
Code:
clients that are cosidered "old" are:
- ABC < v2.6.7
- Azureus < v2.0.8.2
- BitComet < v0.53
- BitTornado < v0.2.0
- Mainline < v3.4.1
- TorrentStorm < v1.2.2
- Ed2k Bittorrent Plugin < 0.0

update:
I implemented the ban rules, so if youre still able to connect youre fine ;)

Well, thats hosed my unix client.

Anyone know of a non GUI BT client for FreeBSD? other than the one in the 'ports' collection??

Is this going to be a permanent change or a temporary one? Is this the tracker thats used for every Top Gear / Fith Gear realease, or just: Top Gear - 2004.12.12.avi.torrent ?

Cheers,

Marc.
Permanent AFAIK and this is the tracker that's used for all releases here. Those old clients just use too much bandwidth, espcially now with the number of clients that are getting on these torrents.

Re: another question

Re: another question

doktur said:
wait wait ...
OK ... i've installed Azureus 2.2.0.0 and what ?? f... nothing ... im trying to download the new TopGear epizode withe the Azureus, and it says "TRACER/ offline (time out)"

HELP !!!!!!!! I WANT TO WATH THE NEW TG !!!
That's a seperate issue and unrelated to this one. Give it like 5 or 10 minutes and if you're still unable to connect, check out this thread:

http://gear.viper007bond.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1920

bachour said:
I am A bit dissappointed though since I use Shareaza 2.1 and it dosent work anymore. :(
Well you shouldn't have been using that shitty client in the first place. :p

Seriously, it barely supports the BT protocol.

Shareaza is utter crap

What is the most usefull client ?

Actually using Azureus, and the speed is far less than with Shareaza :?

Speeds shouldn't really matter with whatever client you're using AFAIK.

And I use Azureus. It's more resource heavy, but I have a good computer and like the extra features.

Gingerbread Man said:
Can our GUI loving admin please suggest a working CLI BitTorrent client...
what the heck is a "CLI BitTorrent client"?

Messiah said:
Well, thats hosed my unix client.

Anyone know of a non GUI BT client for FreeBSD? other than the one in the 'ports' collection??

Is this going to be a permanent change or a temporary one? Is this the tracker thats used for every Top Gear / Fith Gear realease, or just: Top Gear - 2004.12.12.avi.torrent ?

Cheers,

Marc.
it will be a peranent change. you should be able to find newer versions of your software, or perhaps the mainline client will work? http://bittorrent.com/download.html
but im no FreeBSD guru so im not the right guy to advise you. You should be able to help yourself though... Google is usefull from time to time.

Ok thank you.

- sorry no I did no any any post-forwarding on that issue :oops: , unlike I'm used to do, so I will for my next interrogations :wink: -

Oh, and by the way, as it was my very first post on your forums :

THANK YOU VERY MUCH for sharing all this stuff Viper007bond :D
And all others behind and around that wonderfull initiative.

*edited : language issue *

My linux BitTorrent client dosn't work...

My linux BitTorrent client dosn't work...

I have the latest Bittornado client for linux and I'm getting that error. Something is screwed up on the setup here, and because of this limitation, I won't be able to use my 10mbit pipe to seed :(

Shareaza may be crap, but it was the only BT thing I was able to install. :?

Gingerbread Man said:
Can our GUI loving admin please suggest a working CLI BitTorrent client that will work since *the* BitTorrent 3.4.2 doesn't....

WTF!! I finished downloading TG 12-12 before this started, but if BT 3.4.2 doesn't work .. WTF!!

It said it should work at the begining of this thread. I just upgrade torrentflux and bittorrent to 3.4.2.

Give bittornado a go. I have heard good things about it, but never used.