"Client Version is banned" error

Viper007Bond said:
bigfoot1942 said:
i think you have some problems with your Java stuff, or with your hardware. Azureus 2.2.0.0 has NEVER crashed on me.
Nor I and the old one used to crash on me.

Make sure you have the latest version of Java.

Well, its really a problem for Mac users, I guess we are getting left out in the cold, again. :cry:

Correction to my post, if you are on a Mac, get version 2.1.0.2, it is the last version before it starts to get messed up. I know I am not the only one who has this problem with the most recent versions of Azureus on Mac. Just so long as you guys don't ban 2.1.0.2 we should be in the clear. :D

okay, ive decided to unban all clients again for various reasons, but i will re-implement it again on december 29th.

If your client was blocked, i would suggest you use the time to find a good replacement.

I'm somewhat confused, as in the first post bigfoot1942 says that mainline BitTorrent clients before 3.4.1 are "old" which implies that 3.4.1 and 3.4.2 are OK, yet there are two posts that say that 3.4.2 is unacceptable.

And as for CLI clients, I suggested before that BitTornado [Edit: v0.3.8] works fine for me under gentoo, but I admit I know nothing about its BSD support. Since its just python, I can't imagine that installing it manually (i.e. not from ports) shouldn't be too hard, give it a shot.

Can someone please give an authorative answer as to whether or not Mainline (which is the regular BitTorrent client from http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/) 3.4.2 is "new" or "old"?

bigfoot1942 said:
im confused myself, i will go do some research...

Please let us know the outcome! The newest MailLine client 3.4.2 supposedly supports the 'Compact Tracker' function, and would be an easy solution for us CLI users.

Thanks,

Marc.

IP

IP

I was told that My IP could be blocked ... hmm cool ... tell me .. what if my IP is changing every day or so ?? Still im not able to download anything using the newest Azureus client.

Couldnt everything be normal as it was before ??

Messiah said:
bigfoot1942 said:
im confused myself, i will go do some research...
Please let us know the outcome!
i will ;)

doktur said:
I was told that My IP could be blocked ... hmm cool ... tell me .. what if my IP is changing every day or so ?? Still im not able to download anything using the newest Azureus client.

Couldnt everything be normal as it was before ??
it is. until december 27th. the old clients being banned that is.

*kick*

ill re-enable the old client banning thing sometime soon

Shareaza should burn in hell when it comes to BT. It's a horrid BT client from what I hear and doesn't properly support the BT protocol.

ohh dont use shareaza for BT it is very slowly and
will cost u guys much cpu effort then BT client like azureus ...
dont waste your time get -- AZUREUS :shock:

I'm using Bittorrent 4.0.1, downloaded directly from bittorrent.com and I get the "Client Version is banned" error. is there any way to fix this for me?

chickeneater said:
I'm using Bittorrent 4.0.1, downloaded directly from bittorrent.com and I get the "Client Version is banned" error. is there any way to fix this for me?
using another client ;)