COD: Modern Warfare 2

Honestly, they have done enough already to piss of the PC crowd that I made up my mind months ago.

Here is my list in order of occurance: 1) Didn't have the Night Vision Edition for PC players (not that I would've got one but the option should've been there)

2) Charging $20 more for the Hardened Edition on PC. On consoles it's justified as it includes a token for COD1 on XBL or PSN which costs $20 if bought seperate, yeah COD1 is not worth $20 on PC sorry.

3) Charging the Europeans more money for CODMW2 than anyother game before. Then justifying it by saying "The Euro is very high right now so we are adjusting the price based on that." Yet...the higher the Euro the more USD they get...so they just admitted to double dipping.

4) Charging $69.99 ($59.99 for Amerika) for the PC version when everyother game is cheaper.

5) Dedicated Servers.

I think I will enjoy the single player campaign, I just wont pay for it.

Hardened edition here is AU$120 or US$110 at current exchange rates...

Regular edition JB will probably have for AU$79 (US$72) which is as cheap as it's going to be for a probably 6 months.

the online petition for dedicated servers is up to over 69,000 signatures. Dayum.

Damn, thats alot of PISSED OFF gamers right there. I still cant believe IW would pull such a huge "Fuck you" to the PC comunity like that.

The petition is over 77,500 now BTW

IW could give a crap about the PC players from the look of how they've handled everything.

The sad part is PC gamers put them on the map with the original Call of Duty and UO.

MW2 for PC has dropped 70 notches on Amazon's top 100. It was at #9, now it's at #79 with all the cancelled pre-orders.

Last edited:
I fucking loved the origional COD and UO. i have been in a UO Clan that went to COD2 and then COD4 and W@W for the past SIX Damn years.

The only reasn why i wasnt going to get MW2 for pc is my rig is fairly old and busted but if i had a decent rig and had this preordered, i would have cancelled it today.

petition just hit 80,000

Last edited:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FKty5Kpf4w[/YOUTUBE]

The English is a little screwy, but it's still funny :lol:

EDIT:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUpZVnceJx4[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
here Infinity Wards official respose to the lack of dedicated servers for MW2 PC.
http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2009/10/20/modern-warfare-2-dedicated-server-response.aspx

IMO, you guys are over reacting. IW is a business and controlling matchmaking the way the decided to is probably more cost efficient. and consoles now are where the money is at so they're obviously going to concentrate where the most money is. Hate me if you want, this is just my current opinion.

edit: heres somthing 402 posted with more details about IWnet
http://www.fourzerotwo.com/?p=745

Last edited:
I have officially decided that I will not purchase this game. There's a reason I play on the PC and not a console.

Its fine and all if IW want to add matchmaking for more casual players, but it is atrocious for them to take away what makes PC gaming different from console gaming. DICE will attest that modding is a HUGE part of PC gaming, considering the Desert Combat mod for BF1942 sold plenty of copies of the game. Anyone who complains they can't find a good server to play on is either lying or retarded. With COD4, there are thousands of servers at any given time for all shapes and sizes. But now all those are being taken away. We are going to lose the stability dedicated servers bring and to choose how we want to play.

If they insist to keep dedicated servers out of the game, I repeat, I WILL NOT buy the game.

As I will be buying this for 360 this doesn't affect me, and I'm sure the game will rock. But I can understand the annoyance of the PC Gamer. IW are making a big mistake.

I love how fourtwozero is trying to pass it off as "good" for the PC community. It's not fucking good, dedicated servers drive the PC community. I have ONE server I play on for COD4, ONE set of players, rules, admins, etc that I enjoy.
ONE.
ONLY ONE
same for Counter-Strike: Source.

Maybe somebody will find away to bypass IWnet and get the game on dedicated servers, but IW will not get a cent of my money.