COD: Modern Warfare 2

I HAVE to buy this game at launch. I might just go pre-order it today, in fact.

It looks so epic.

PC only for me

I'm having an issue with COD4 after installing some Vista Ultimate updates where it won't start.... fucking annoying. Still troubleshooting it

I've played COD4 online more than any other 360 game (I think, I spent a long time on PGR3 when I first bought the thing) so I'll look into getting a copy. Will consider PC too, was sceptical until I got hold of Fallout 3, which has run flawlessly on Win 7. Shame my Win 7 installation is still fucked.

Looks good overall, but the blood effect when you're wounded looks utterly pooey :?

/agree

I'm sure they were going for "oh cool, it looks like the blood got splattered on the inside of the monitor!" but what happens is a loss of immersion because you are reminded that you are looking at a screen and not through the eyes of the person you're controlling.

/agree

I'm sure they were going for "oh cool, it looks like the blood got splattered on the inside of the monitor!" but what happens is a loss of immersion because you are reminded that you are looking at a screen and not through the eyes of the person you're controlling.

Exactly.

So what we're witnessing here is blood spattered all over the 4th wall hm?

If the blood splatter is the biggest complaint, I think the game is doing ok.

I don't see the big deal with it.

I didn't say it was a big deal. Just saying the effect looks like shit, contrary to how awesome the guys in the video thought it was. But overall, the game is looking great.

That video looked fun, but the Xbox graphics hurt my eyes. COD4 on PC looks better than that. I can't wait to see how MW2 looks cranked up on my 8800GTX :D

Possible large plot spoiler on Inside Xbox
buriningcity.jpg
Pittsburgh?

^ I'm getting a new gaming machine soon, I hope they DO change quite a bit in the gfx department.
I guess it'll be fine, though. Even my weasly 9600GT can handle 1080 pretty well...

PC all the way. Controls are better (IMO) and graphics are way better (if you have the hardware).

PC.