COD: Modern Warfare 2

The videos coming out recently, like ^, is finally getting me excited about the game. At first, it looked not much different from MW1, but now I see quite a bit has been done. And those guns actually sound good. Spec ops mode looks like a lot of fun. Lots of new guns!

Looks like I may actually go for a release day purchase. I haven't done that in quite a while, probably 4 years.

Last edited:
This seems to be a rising trend. The new Operation Flashpoint does the same. I'm not into PC gaming, but, can anyone tell me what companies are doing this now?

Well, it needs to be a falling trend. The whole clan community is build around having dedicated servers. This will make the PC user have do use that match making bullshit that XBL uses.

Basically, it prevents any form of mods and from anyone wanting to run their own servers.

Also, I've read the developer for Operation Flashpoint has gotten hammered and is now promsing to release dedicated server support in a patch.

I'm waiting to see the official response to the shit storm that is coming up around this.

Monday morning should be a fun day for all IW employees.

I'm waiting to see the official response to the shit storm that is coming up around this.

Monday morning should be a fun day for all IW employees.

Honestly, they have done enough already to piss of the PC crowd that I made up my mind months ago.

Here is my list in order of occurance: 1) Didn't have the Night Vision Edition for PC players (not that I would've got one but the option should've been there)

2) Charging $20 more for the Hardened Edition on PC. On consoles it's justified as it includes a token for COD1 on XBL or PSN which costs $20 if bought seperate, yeah COD1 is not worth $20 on PC sorry.

3) Charging the Europeans more money for CODMW2 than anyother game before. Then justifying it by saying "The Euro is very high right now so we are adjusting the price based on that." Yet...the higher the Euro the more USD they get...so they just admitted to double dipping.

4) Charging $69.99 ($59.99 for Amerika) for the PC version when everyother game is cheaper.

5) Dedicated Servers.

I think I will enjoy the single player campaign, I just wont pay for it.

This has got to be a joke. Ever since they hired that douche fourzerotwo to be their community manager before COD4 came out, it seems like all they care about is consoles and their PR has gotten worse and worse as well.

Yeah, it is quickly growing into a shitstorm. I really can't wait for the response come monday.

Heh, it looks like the internet hate machine did it jobs rather quickly.

I'm still waiting for an official IW response though before I stop being pissed.

I'm not going to say they're right in what they did, but, the console is their bread and butter. They go for where the money is.

It's business. Yes, it sucks, but, that's how it is.

^How is it good business when you are loosing sales over 1 stupid decision? I was going to buy this game but now i won't.. Not until they fix their stupidity that is...

So like, is there any difference what so ever between this and CoD4?

just better optimized and then again a little better graphics <.>