COD: Modern Warfare 2

The $60 price point for PC already had me annoyed. If dedicated servers really aren't in, there is no way I'm buying. I'm not going to support Activision destroying the PC gaming community.

This has got to be a joke. Ever since they hired that douche fourzerotwo to be their community manager before COD4 came out, it seems like all they care about is consoles and their PR has gotten worse and worse as well.

I've noticed the nasally-voiced little chap hasn't updated any news since the shitstorm....has he been sacked for letting the cat out of the bag?

Last edited:
has anyone seen the prestige edition (sorry if repost)
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMSS12iY1X0[/YOUTUBE]
Bad news is you can`t get it on PC :(

Sign the Petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dedis4mw It was at ~2000 when i signed 6 hrs ago, the internet hate machine is really quick today.

Also, Relevant: (but NSFW)
iw.gif

So like, is there any difference what so ever between this and CoD4?

Here's a list I've been compiling from around the web. Some of it might need some updating:

New Maps: Obviously, right? :) In addition, the engine has been upgraded with new texture streaming that allows for bigger maps with more detail. So far, 13 multiplayer maps have been confirmed.

New Guns: In addition to the old guns, some new stuff to play with such as the UMP 45, SCAR-H, FAMAS, AUG A2, SA80, F2000, Bushmaster ACR, HK-416, MTAR 21, AUG HBAR, FN FAL, etc. You can also now unlock Rocket Launchers to use as your secondary weapon, even one that will lockon to helicopters.

Complete list of confirmed weapons with pics:
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=115738&start=0

New Attachments: For instance: you can now unlock a Heartbeat Sensor that is a little LCD screen that sits on the top of your gun and detects heartbeats in the area around you so it's a cool way to find hidden enemies.

New Game Modes: First off, a new version of Search and Destroy is now supported in the game. Titled "Demolition," this new mode (whether it replaces S&D or is just in addition to it) allows for everyone on the attacking team to have a bomb, and full-on respawns as the round goes on. Defenders try to stop the attacks at both an A and B site, but if attackers succeed in a single bombing their time is increased and the focus shifts to the other site entirely. Also, Capture the Flag is back in a mode called "Flag Runner".

Customizable Kill Streaks.: You now unlock kill streaks as you rank up. Some of the kill streak rewards require three, four, five, six, seven, nine kills?

New Kill Streak Rewards: There are 15 total killstreak rewards for you to unlock. In addition to old favorites like the UAV, there are things like a care package that?s parachuted in and grants you a random upgrade; stationary sentry guns you can put down to beef up defenses, especially in objective-based games; the new AC130 gunship (you can actually control the gunner of it), which requires 11 kills to use. Other custom killstreaks are predator missiles and Anit-UAV (basically a UAV Jammer for your whole team). The predator missile is a cam-controlled drop where you can actually steer the missile with a laptop computer. Supply drops are interesting as well, having players throw down smoke that actually brings in a helicopter drop. Anyone on the field can use it though, so it's a race to get to the box. It can contain any of your killstreak options currently set (basically a roulette) and can seriously turn the tide of a battle.

There is also a new version of the Airstrike, called the Precision Airstrike, which now lets you change the approach direction of the attack.

Also, in addition to the regular helicopter, there is also a new helicopter with heavier armor.

Death Streaks: Death streaks? Yes, you will now be rewarded for dying too many times in a row, in an effort to prevent frustration for those just getting into Modern Warfare 2. For instance, there's Painkiller, which starts you with a triple health boost after you?re killed three times without making any kills of your own, and Copycat, which lets you use the loadout and perks of the last guy who killed you for one life.

Secondary Weapons Replace Pistols: You no longer have to waste a perk on Overkill, now everyone can take two primary weapons, or the pistols are still an option if you'd like one.

Dual Wield Pistols: One for each hand.

New "Bling" perk Allows you to have two attachments at a time! Now you can attach both a silencer and a red dot, or ACOG, or whatever.

Lightweight Perk A perk to make you walk faster.

Marathon Perk A perk to give you infinite sprinting

Commando Perk: A perk to increase your knifing range

Scavenger Perk: allows you to re-up on all supplies and ammo any time you cross over a dead body.

Cold-Blooded Perk: Makes you undetectable by UAV, Air Support, sentries, and thermal sensors.

Health Boost Perk: This is for those people who hate being spawn killed: a perk that gives you automatic health boosts for 10 seconds after respawning.

Hardline Perk lets you get to your customized killstreaks one kill faster (if UAV is at three, you get it instead at two kills every time)

Pro Perks. Not sure exactly how I feel about one, but we'll see how balanced it is: Pro Perks are new additions to the game, allowing for you to actually increase the power of a specific perk (say, stopping power or increased speed) if you use it a lot. Kill a set amount of people with stopping power on and you unlock "Stopping Power Pro." These perks can be seen on the main perk selection menu, and like all the other customization in the game it's entirely streamlined. If you hover over any attachment, gun, or perk in the game and click it, you'll see info on that selection, including how many kills you need for the next challenge or unlock.

Fancy New Equipment Instead of Grenades. Toss out your frag grenades, if you want, and replace them with some nifty gear that serves a variety of other purposes. Perhaps you would prefer Semtex timed sticky explosives? How about some throwing knives? The most abstract but perhaps coolest piece of equipment is the "Tactical Insertion", which looks like a typical flare when you throw it down. In practice, it acts as a mobile, single-use spawn point, so anytime you?re moving into a heated area, throw one down and that?s where you?ll respawn if you die. You can also sub your grenades out for a Blast Shield which protects you from explosions.

Experience Boosts Galore. It seems like you get experience point bonuses for doing almost anything in the new game. I?m not just talking headshots; any stylish or meaningful kill is going to give you some kind of experience boost. Kill a guy just before he?s about to get a kill streak? Bonus. Take out the guy who just killed you? Bonus. Get the last kill in a match? Bonus. IW says the leveling (which now caps at level 70) has been tweaked to take the faster accumulation of points into account, and you?ll get something gameplay-related for prestiging this time around.

Callsigns. Infinity Ward has been playing a lot of Street Fighter IV. The title and emblem system from that game is reproduced almost exactly here, with dozens upon dozens of descriptive phrases you can unlock and slap on your profile to give other players a sense of exactly how you?ve been putting it down online. The titles and emblems you can get will correspond to your behaviors, so if you spend a lot of time camping or you rack up a ton of melee kills, everyone will know it.

Last edited:
The only thing that made me want to buy the PC version was the multiplayer (modding/better graphics ect aren't that important to me), if they nerf it down to this level I will just buy it for the PS3 and play the SP.

Also it'll be really funny if the PC Version gets the record for the most number of game pre-order cancellations ever, because it certainly looks like that may be the case.

The reason I want the PC version is I like the controls on PC better (mouse and keyboard), and the mods/custom maps are a bonus, plus my 360 just broke down :devil:

I'll get it for PC anyway, Xmas LAN wouldn't be the same without it...
The WAY I'll get it has yet to be determined... I actually told all my friends (no kidding!!!): Dudes, we're all gonna buy CoD6, so we can also do some legit online play when there is no LAN...

I'll decide what I'm going to do in a week or two not yet. Although they should allow dedicated servers even if you have to purchase them from IW I would guess?

Any word on when the PC demo is coming out?

I wasn't impressed with the graphics from those videos, looks just like MW1 (although gun and hand models look slightly better); I saw quite a few low-res textures on walls, doors, etc. This isn't surprising, however, because they couldn't have improved the graphics by too much, or else it would run poorly on the X360.

So basically, PC gamers are stuck with non-progressing graphics (on X360 ports, which most games are), because of the limits of the Xbox 360. :glare:

Also, they are banging on about how good the vehicle physics are, but I think they look very unrealistic (snowmobiles accelerate like F1 cars, then they showed that jeep doing donuts very unrealistically).

Last edited:
There isn't going to be one apparently. :?

Damn, I'm losing respect for IW more and more, and they used to be my favorite devolpment team before they put PC gamers on the back burner. Is it so hard to please both PC and console players? I think not, yet they insist on giving PC gamers the shaft.

Last edited:
I will NOT buy MW2 if it does not support Dedicated Servers. That is such a retarded decision I cannot even comprehend it.
Wiki:
iw.jpg

Also, DICE's response:
2znxsvb.jpg

Yeah, I saw that Dice post earlier. I lol'd

IW is really getting hammered for this, as they should be.

If IW wanted to combat piracy they should be working with the community. Instead of screwing those who wants to give them monies....

Last edited:
Kind of hypocritical of DICE though. If there cared so much about PC gamers then they should've released Bad Company 1 on PC. Also, they had no problem releasing 1943 on time for consoles, but delayed it on PC. Obviously consoles are their priority as well.

Why would anyone in their right mind buy 43 for the PC? It's a console game made for consoles that belongs on consoles (and is fun, btw). PC already has the only proper battlefield games anyways.

Why would anyone in their right mind buy 43 for the PC? It's a console game made for consoles that belongs on consoles (and is fun, btw). PC already has the only proper battlefield games anyways.

I guess I don't really see what makes 1943 any more of a "console" game than COD4. At their core, they are both mindless "shoot em up" type games. Maybe PC gamers want the mindless fun that 1943 offers, except they want the better graphics and controls that the PC gives them. Yeah, BF2 is more of a "proper" BF game, but sometimes it's fun to play something more simple like 1943, and not all PC gamers have consoles, and some of those who have a console (like me) can't stand playing shooters with a controller.

Last edited: