Codemasters' Formula One 2010

Just a fun hypothetical question, if somebody were to win every race in a season how many races in would they win the championship? I'd do the math for myself but I'm way to tired.

Just a fun hypothetical question, if somebody were to win every race in a season how many races in would they win the championship? I'd do the math for myself but I'm way to tired.

Race 15? Assuming the worst case scenario that another driver scores second in every race too. So by the 15th race, driver 1 will have 375 points, and driver 2 would have 270, leaving a gap of 105 which can't be collected over the last four races.

Of course you can get it a lot quicker than that depending on how the other drivers fare.

For fun I tried that (easiest difficulty, shortest races possible, etc.. I was bored last week when I was home sick from work). I won after Race 13 (Spa).

On a different note, there is almost no spin I can't catch now. And for those who saying slamming on the brakes doesn't stop spins, watch F1 a little closer. You will see when they start to spin they counter-steer, pin the throttle and if it continues to go they go to neutral-steer and slam on the brakes and car begins to point in the direction of its momentum (depends if they have enough room or if they caught it soon enough).

I just held off Barrichello for the last 8 laps at Monte Carlo to achieve the race objective of finishing 12th. I did it with no front wing. :cool:

I absolutely hate Barcelona, it's alright up until that stupid chicane at the end, I can't not lose time there because I can't attack those curbs with the car trying to go sideways on me.

I absolutely hate Barcelona, it's alright up until that stupid chicane at the end, I can't not lose time there because I can't attack those curbs with the car trying to go sideways on me.

I'm right there with you brother. My second sector sucks as well, but that chicane is so trepid in this game.

My favorite is probably Interlagos, then Montreal. However today I got from 6th to 2nd online in China, without actually making any overtakes, purely through a good pit strategy. That was something totally impossible before the patch. It's a much better game now.

I just got my first win at Montreal. My gosh that's a fun track to drive! :driving:

I love montreal!!! It's basically just a straight track divided into chicanes, but i love it!

Fave tracks:
1. Monza
2. Spa
3. Montreal

Worst tracks (for me):
1. Monaco
2. Singapore
3. Catalunya - This was #1 for me before because of the horrible last chicane, but i found a fast line around it without hitting any of the kerbs. I still hate it thought because a gamepad isn''t precise or quick enough to do micro corrections during the fast sweeping corners so i have to be perfect every time.

I'm trying to win monaco now I keep on busting my front wing lol

On a different note, there is almost no spin I can't catch now. And for those who saying slamming on the brakes doesn't stop spins, watch F1 a little closer. You will see when they start to spin they counter-steer, pin the throttle and if it continues to go they go to neutral-steer and slam on the brakes and car begins to point in the direction of its momentum (depends if they have enough room or if they caught it soon enough).

While this might help a little in real F1, you won't see them trying this other than in practice or qualy when they can go and change their tyres real quick, because doing that just leaves 4 flatspots the size of Texas in your rubber, and would make the car vibrate so hard you'd come out of the race with your bones turn to chalk.

I've just installed the patch and it f****d up my FPS rate so bad that it's now virtually unplayable...

If you get bored with the game I found a way to turn it into a demolition derby and not get any penalties.

Find a place where the wall is near the track, get along side a car so that their front wheels are at your side pods and just drive them into the wall. You get away with no damage (unless they spin you and you hit the wall lol) and you don't get a penalty.

Now it's time to try for a HRT 1-2 finish haha

And no, I didn't try this on purpose. I had to move over to avoid smashing into a spun car and didn't know Sutil was beside me. And yes, I have done it since then to keep the race entertaining.

Last edited:
After applying the patch the game no longer saves any of my progress once I exit the game. None of the setups from career or time trial get saved and it forgot that I finished Catalunya.

Also, the pit stop bug is not fixed at all.

If you get bored with the game I found a way to turn it into a demolition derby and not get any penalties.

Find a place where the wall is near the track, get along side a car so that their front wheels are at your side pods and just drive them into the wall. You get away with no damage (unless they spin you and you hit the wall lol) and you don't get a penalty.

Now it's time to try for a HRT 1-2 finish haha

And no, I didn't try this on purpose. I had to move over to avoid smashing into a spun car and didn't know Sutil was beside me. And yes, I have done it since then to keep the race entertaining.

Brazil on the exit of turn three ;)

I've made a decision, I'm skipping past Spain. I don't know how but I'll find some way, my blood pressure can't take another fast lap around there, that last chicane is fucking retarded! Little power on avoiding the inside kerb the front becomes the back, full power and all over the kerb same thing, it really sucks because the rest of the circuit is great but that chicane is a track ruiner.