Game: Codemasters: GRID Autosport

So the career is a bit of a hit-or-a-miss deal, where you either like it or you don't, but the driving model seems to be getting a universal approval?

Well, I been playing the game with only a keyboard. Will try it with my wheel soon, haven't been feeling like unpacking it.

But yeah that should tell you about the driving model.

I'm planning on using my Xbox pad with it so I ain't expecting sim stuff. My main problem with the original Grid was that once you got to the GT1 cars the steering wasn't sensitive enough and especially tight street courses were massively frustrating, at which point I just gave up on it. Never had such problems with the Dirt series (though loose surfaces may affect that) which were great fun, and as far as driving goes F1 2012 was fine too.

the driving model seems to be getting a universal approval?

Yup, driving does feel quite good with a 360 pad on PC. Even better than Forza 4 (I don't have an xbone, so I can't compare against Forza 5). A good balance between sim and arcade using a joystick and triggers.

Fun with a wheel. Force feedback seems ... generic. I'll try cranking it up but I doubt that'll help, it just seems like a constant "wheel weight" and some vibration, but can't really feel the car underneath those forces.

The Career is getting a little boring, there seems to be no progressions or goals, other than getting XP.

The physics feels slightly more realistic than Grid 2, but it's still very arcady. It seems like they turned up the AI's difficulty though. I was able to get top 3 in most races in Grid 2 on Hard difficulty, but I'm only mid-pack now on Grid Autosport.