College Football. Does anybody watch?

They're not the only ones sporting new uniforms. Ohio State will be playing in throwbacks when they play beat the living snot out of Michigan today. I've been seeing a lot of negative criticism about the uniforms so far but from what I've seen so far I like them. Still, they can't replace the classic scarlet and gray.

Oh and Michigan still sucks!

57/43. . . suppose that doesn't mean anything to you :D What about 11/7?

Rutgers fell apart in their embarrassing, pathetic 31-13 loss to last-place Syracuse yesterday afternoon.

Then I watched episodes of Top Gear on my iPod on the bus ride home to cheer myself up. Looks like another bowl game for us that doesn't make a difference, because of mistakes that were made a few too many times.

I see lots of Big Ten fans in here. Once again my alma mater put in a shockingly bad season in football. But we did beat scUM, which is always a plus.

Chief_illiniwek_logo.gif

At least I can look forward to B-Ball season, which has been mediocre the past few years. I think there is a limited amount of excellence in Champaign and the football team being competent for a few years degraded the hoops level at Assembly Hall.

Awesome seeing OU get slapped down. LSU losing to Ole Miss was great, as was the UConn/Notre Dame finish.

We watched TCU slap down Wyoming, handily, as well.

It's officially the week of Bedlam ( the Oklahoma State v. Land Theives game) and I'm pretty darn excited.

I always like the fact the more awesome rivalry games are held near the end of the season. Bedlam, Texas vs. Texas A&M, Colorado/Nebraska, the Iron Bowl, Army/Navy and Florida vs. Florida State....that's good stuff.

I wonder if I'll still be pissed off on Dec. 5 when Wisconsin plays Hawaii.

Yea, bedlam! I will be in Stillwater boozing it up with friends, watching on TV. I am actually looking forward to this weekend big time!

^You may have won the battle but Michigan is still winning the war.

Well I will be at ASU this week to see Arizona slaughter them. It will be awesome. However, hopefully no cheerleaders are hurt this week. The way the UA fans were the other day was ridiculous and I am ashamed of that.

^You may have won the battle but Michigan is still winning the war.
Touche. But Field Marshall Tressel is evening things up. It's funny how The Game can have such a big impace on a coach's career. Tressel got the job largely because John Cooper couldn't beat Michigan. Lloyd Carr was let go because he couldn't counter Cooper's replacement.

Tressel already now has the longest winning streak in OSU vs Michigan history. I'm quite certain that counts for something.

Off-Topic somewhat, but in Canadian College Football the finals were this weekend and my school, Queen's University, beat Calgary to win the Vanier Cup :)

Now I'll let you all get back to talking about your crazy "4-downs" weird football.

Yeah that game was pretty rough too, admittedly we had a little less on the line than Tech last year.
Well, basically Tech put OU out of the championship the year before that, so I guess it was kind of payback anyway... That's the thing about the good Big 12 teams, they are almost unbeatable on their home field; save for freak incidents... OSU are hard to beat home in Stillwater, OU is almost hopeless to beat on their home field in Norman, Texas Tech is very difficult to beat at the Jones, and finally nobody beats Texas in Austin.

Anyway, Tech beat Baylor, not really a big deal, but hey. Despite the changes, they still managed to lose no more than four games, which is up on just one from last year. Admittedly there are two of them that were plainly stupid, like Houston and Texas A&M. Taylor Potts and Steven Sheffield needs more experience, badly... He's way off what G. Harrel did...

Well, the inevitable finally happened at Notre Dame. I wonder what poor bastard is next in line for the job.

Also, it sounds like the Bobby Bowden era is coming to an end at Florida State as they're reporting Bowden is going to announce his retirement December 1. After reading this, this reenforces my thoughts that the only way Joe Paterno is ever going to quit coaching is when they stretcher him off the field.