College Football. Does anybody watch?

Not to defend a Sooner, but statistically Broyles is the best receiver in the history of college football...

If I was to rank the NCAA receivers right now my list would go,
1. Blackmon
2. Broyles
3. Floyd
4. Woods
5. Watkins
6. Jenkins

Edit: To add difficulty to the task Broyles gets most of his snaps at the Y.
Not this season, just for his career. He's been the solo threat in a pass happy scoring offense, it was inevitable. He's like Case Keenum, a product of the system.

and as always...Fuck Alabama.

Iowa loses to Minnesota, then beats Michigan. Indiana(!) gives Ohio State fits. Minnesota(!!) gives Michigan State fits. Wisconsin somehow discovers the ability to play football again. Nebraska loses to Northwestern. I think it's a good thing the Big Ten is only playing for a Rose Bowl; none of the teams are showing this season they actually want to win the damn thing.

Seriously! When Ohio State dropped games to Michigan State and Nebraska I thought there was absolutely no hope of a conference championship. Now the rest of the conference is struggling and they're right back into it. This isn't the Big Ten's finest season that's for sure.

I'm surprised the NCAA is coming down so heavily on something that doesn't involve players making money. :rolleyes:

The whole Penn State story shocks and sickens me. Also holy shit National Championship tickets are spendy.

I'm surprised the NCAA is coming down so heavily on something that doesn't involve players making money. :rolleyes:
They lynched Sweatervest for covering up a few fucking free tattoos and some apparel sales, now they have no sanctions against a team that covered up the wholesale abuse of minors by a member of the staff. I guess one has to do with competing on the field, and the other only has to do with being a complete fucking pervert who is being covered for by athletic staff so they can win some games. :rolleyes:

Sickens me, and show's where the priorities are in the NCAA.

If Okie State makes it to the NC, there is nothing in the world that should stop you from going. Forget the money, it's only a few hundred dollars, sure you won't get 50 yd line 1st section tickets, but you'll be there. Think about it, this is first possible NC for OSU and if you miss it you will be crushed. Could you imagine celebrating in New Orleans if they won, especially over ex-OSU coach Les Miles if it comes to that. If they don't make it you get refunded the money.

They lynched Sweatervest for covering up a few fucking free tattoos and some apparel sales, now they have no sanctions against a team that covered up the wholesale abuse of minors by a member of the staff.

Except for the fact that Sandusky was not a member of the staff at the time the incident took place, which probably has a lot to do with it. I wouldn't worry, though; it sounds like the lynch mobs have their ropes ready to string up Paterno.

I'm still in a bit of shock at how awesome this season has been.

Except for the fact that Sandusky was not a member of the staff at the time the incident took place, which probably has a lot to do with it. I wouldn't worry, though; it sounds like the lynch mobs have their ropes ready to string up Paterno.

The facts as I've heard them are that an eyewitness of a child rape went straight to Paterno, yet police were never called. If that's true, then the only person more to blame than Paterno (for the coverup) is the witness. Paterno covered his ass legally by reporting to his higher ups, but IMO it's still morally inexcusable that he never went to the police nor confronted Sandusky (someone he'd worked with for 30 years). If the kid were family do you think he would have?

FWIW, I didn't make the pedobear logo until I saw that the AD had been arrested.

Lolwut? Bama still at #2? They now have an 'and 1' attached to their record, they should be #5 at highest.

Yes, "and 1, to #1, in OT." I doubt even most of the voters think Stanford or OK St are better than the Tide; they just couldn't stomach an all-SEC championship game. The only reservation I have about keeping Bama #2 is that a rematch is arguably unfair to LSU.

This all may be moot anyway. All the top teams have significant threats remaining:

LSU - Arkansas
Oklahoma St - Oklahoma
Alabama - Auburn
Stanford - Oregon
Boise St - no one, which is another reason the voters aren't ranking them too high