Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars Officially Announced

Wow...Tiberian Sun wasted so much of my life.

I am definately going to get this game so I can waste the rest of it. :D

Electronic Arts sent out a press release announcing Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars: Kane Edition, a special, numbered collector's edition for the PC that will ship in March 2007 simultaneously with Command & Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars.
C&C 3: Kane Edition will include an exclusive bonus DVD featuring a behind the scenes documentary, deleted scenes and a blooper reel from the live action video shoots, a series of gameplay strategy videos from the game designers themselves, and more. C&C 3: Kane Edition will also feature exclusive in-game content including five new multiplayer maps and three unique unit skins -- one for each of the three factions in the game. Fans will also enjoy five exclusive wallpapers.​
Eurogamer has posted an interview with the game's executive producer, Mike Verdu:
Eurogamer: And how does the gameplay in C&C 3 compare to previous C&C titles?

Mike Verdu: We're taking lessons that we've learned in Generals and the Battle for Middle-Earth series, and in Red Alert, and we're combining all of it with some things that we think are timeless from the original C&C. I think we're drawing lessons from everything we've done, and hopefully that should come through.

Eurogamer: What feature are you most pleased with?

Mike Verdu: Overall? The sense that when I play the game that it's a C&C game that honours the legacy of C&C. That's my favourite thing about the game. Very specifically, I think the in-game user interface is my favourite thing as a feature, because to be in the middle of a battle and to pull up my vehicle tab and quickly manufacture some new Mammoth tanks is pretty powerful, and it's something that no other game gives me. That's also unique and cool.​

EA does this with pretty much all games they release now (a collector's edition). See all the recent NFS titles for example.

EA does this with pretty much all games they release now (a collector's edition). See all the recent NFS titles for example.

Yeah with NFS Most Wanted buying the collector's edition was a waste, because when you patched the normal version, it got patched to the collector's edition. Except without the interviews etc, but who cares about those right?

The Kane Edition doesn't sound to bad. Think I will be picking this one up. Actually it will probably be the only game I actually buy next year. :p

Just a pity that EA has done their usual thing of making a special edition and then just chucking in a bonus DVD and a couple of extra maps and stuff for about $30 more.

i cant wait for it to come out, althought im a starcraft and warcraft fan, at heart, i've always had a soft spot for the C&C series for its simplicity and tongue-in-cheek-ness. This game will be great! I like RTS games and have been longing for a good one for a while now.

i am buying this for 360 when it comes out. looks goooood!

PS just completed GoW on casual

I've pre-ordered it already. I've decided though to go for the PC version over the Xbox360 version just because I prefer RTS games on the PC much more than on a console.

Holy shit son, the construction workers are here again with their double-ended spade shovels. I still play this after buying the Ultimate Edition back in 2016 for £4.99 and it's great, runs perfectly in UHD and still looks good.

I've been challenging myself against the brutal AI a lot and just finished a two hour game against Reaper-17 on the Kane's Wrath, the map was Black's Bigger Battle with around 14 tiberium spikes. I was playing as NOD using only air units and without capturing or destroying any of the spikes. Check out the stats and count how many times the AI built a rift generator. They only got to use it the first time because I was too slow messing around with Vertigos. I lost a lot of units, the Reaper-17 anti-air turrets are brutal but I eventually knocked out power and cleared them up.

Units.jpg
Structures.jpg

Resources.jpg

Stats.jpg

Tiberium Wars too new for me, I play Generals :p
Seeing this thread in new posts was fun though.