Comparison Tests?

Der Stig

is Der Slut
Car(s)
Furrin Crap
Anyone want to do comparison tests or reviews of cars?

I read some articles back in the day about a guy and his friend or brother or something doing comparo-tests between cars in GT4 and they even made magazine covers. I'm not saying we need to aim for TG quality or even record video. Just taking pictures and meeting on one or two tracks while one car races, everyone else shares thoughts and the like, we record our thoughts and data, trade cars and repeat, then put them up on here in our own thread.

I say for the first test we do E60 M5 vs E63 AMG vs Jag XFR.

I would love to help :p

Oh and I think we can compare more than M5 vs E63 vs XFR ( CTS-V , RS6 , H427 come to mind :D )

Last edited:
I have a list of... idk, probably 50 cars that I drove back in FM1 and wrote little reviews for all of them. I can post it if you want.

Sure. That'd be great.

I would love to help :p

Oh and I think we can compare more than M5 vs E63 vs XFR ( CTS-V , RS6 , H427 come to mind :D )

Awesome. We'll have to set up a private lobby or something (I'm afraid I've never played online before, so I'm inexperienced) and then we can compare notes and thoughts. I wish we could have a stable of cars at our disposal so we wouldn't have to exit the lobby. We'll have to work out the technical details.

Here's something to start you off. Did this earlier today.

Just drove four cars in FM3 at Fujimi Kaido (reverse). I tried my best not to cross over into the oncoming lane to try and simulate a real-world spirited drive, so to speak. The test-drives really showed that there is a huge difference between a fast track car and a fast street car.

First up was a MkIV VW R32. Class/PI C359; 259hp, 253tq (intake, exhaust); 3135lbs; street brakes (lines, pads); rear sway bar; street tires, 235f/225r. The car felt really great on the mountain: decent power and torque, responsive, balanced, great traction. It was oddly reminiscent of a go-kart. Time: 10:16

Next I drove my NA Miata. Class/PI C384; 221hp, 190tq (turbo); 2349lbs; sport brakes; race suspension; roll cage; street tires, 205s all around. The 1.8L turbo four lacked one very important quality that can be a life saver on a mountain road - low- and mid-range torque. The car felt dead coming out of tight uphill hairpins. Power and balance were good, although the car was definitely sideways a lot more than the others. Time: 10:36

The STi was up next. Class/PI B449; 359hp, 359 tq (EJ25 swap to simulate a USDM car; stage II); 3148lbs; race suspension; rear sway bar; 235f/225r tires. Lots of power and torque; lots of understeer at low speeds, but better balanced at higher speeds; braking into a low-speed, downhill turn is a near-crash experience. Time: 10:03

Last but not least, b6 S4. Class/PI C359; 348hp, 309tq (exhaust); 3668lbs; street brakes (lines, pads); rear sway bar; 245f/235r tires.The nose-heavy V8 Audi was even worse than the STi in low-speed corners but even better in high-speed turns, where it remained composed and balanced. Although you wouldn?t expect it looking at power-to-weight figures, the S4 was just as fast as the STi in a straight line, hitting 130mph at one point (same as the Subaru). The mountain of torque available across the rev range made flying up the mountain of Japan look easy. Time: 10:13

Notes: I think this is the first time I ever drove that course in reverse (and I've only driven it the "right" way oh, idk, half a dozen times tops?). Unfamiliarity with the course and my attempts to not crash (at all) and to stay in my lane netted pretty slow times, but at least the driving style was consistent. S4 and STi come with "street" tires stock - ie the next upgrade is "sport", so the tires were all basically the same in this test. I haven't compared these cars back-to-back on a track but I'm sure the STi and Miata would excel - the former having tons of power and grip and the latter being lightweight and very well balanced (took me a while to fine-tune the handling).

Thoughts, criticisms, comments, opinions, are all welcome.

Last edited:
Do you fellas use steering wheels and ff with this game? Could add a new dimension to the reviews?

I can drive too and give feedback. I have both a gamepad and a wheel (fanatec 911 turbo S)

I'd love to get involved one way or another. I use a pad but I would like to get a wheel eventually.