Concepts that should have been

Overheat said:
Man! That Spyker car is DISGUSTING!!!
Agreed with indefinatly (whateva that means)!! I hated it the day I saw it. Its just a tad...weird. I admit it performed very well out on the track with JC but why would you drive something that looks that hideious. Its vulgar and thats the only reason why JC liked it :lol: .

Ok, what about the HRT 427 by Holden. 400 people put a deposit on this $215,000 monster. It was claimed to have a top speed of 186MPH and claimed to get to 100 in 3.8secs.
hrt4279zm.jpg

hrt42730nu.jpg

SL55AMG-WoW bAbY!!!! said:
Agreed with indefinatly (whateva that means)!! I hated it the day I saw it. Its just a tad...weird. I admit it performed very well out on the track with JC but why would you drive something that looks that hideious. Its vulgar and thats the only reason why JC liked it :lol: .

Ok, what about the HRT 427 by Holden. 400 people put a deposit on this $215,000 monster. It was claimed to have a top speed of 186MPH and claimed to get to 100 in 3.8secs.
hrt4279zm.jpg

hrt42730nu.jpg

:drool: gimme gimme.

$216,000 for that? WTF!

Viper007Bond said:
$216,000 for that? WTF!
Thats in Aussie dollars so its not that bad..In fact thats just cheaper than a E55AMG ;) .Only bad thing is after paying so much money, all ur getting is a Holden. It still beats paying like a million dollars (AUS) for an SLR just so you can get to 100KM/H in under 4seconds.
400 people put a deposit on this $215,000 monster.
I made a blue :oops: . They planned on producing only 50. All 50 had a deposit on them.

In the end, they blew so much money producing it that in order to make profit on it, they would have to increace the price to $300,000 for those 50ppl who wanted it. Either that or abandon the project entirely which they ended up doing :( .
Read bout it here:
http://aussievee8.tripod.com/id1.html

Here's a few I remember from the past...

How about this for a monster:
eb1183.jpg

eb118.jpg

eb1182.jpg

images courtesy of Fast-Autos.net.

A Bugatti EB118 concept from mid-nineties(I think). Four-wheel drive, 6 250cc V18(!) engine, 550 bhp four seater with top speeds around 210mph... I liked the subtle front end of this car, although the rear end could be better... Bugatti also was developing an EB112 concept at the same time but it's very similar to this one(except it had a V12 with "only" ~450 bhp.

Another monster:
espaceg.jpg

Renault Espace F1. An Espace with a carbon fibre body and a Renault V10 from the F1 development team. 0-200 kph in 5.9 seconds...

I might post some more later, maybe with my own scans. If I'll get over my laziness...

that bugatti is fucking nice!!

go make it

I love that Renault Espace and that Maserati :drool:, talk about Health & Safety stopping that car to production.

i have no idea what year that maserati is from

i hope it's from the 70s, than it's a cool car

NOT cool if it's sth "modern"

Chade said:
I love the Espace as well! Didn't they use it as a "pace car" at F1 races at some point? Or was that just something Renault said it could do, if anyone wanted it to?

I think the Espace was Alain Prost's(who won F1 World Championship in 1993 for Williams-Renault) project and I saw a story about it in a finnish motorsport programme back when the car was new. It also had footage of Prost driving it around Paul Ricard circuit in southern France.

I doubt they could've even theoretically made it. Even back then, F1 engines were very expensive and unreliable(what do you expect from a naturally aspired 3.5 litre V10 that produces more power than Bugatti EB110's quad-turbocharged engine of same size) and I think it would not have been legal in anywhere. I think it was just a promotional project.

RepLiKa said:
Ford Forty-Nine is just plain ugly imo :thumbsdown:

Agree On that :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Ford Forty-Nine is just plain ugly imo
Agree On that
Agreed with that aswell...that car was sooo close to production i think..that god it didnt come out.
BTW: I dont like the Bugatti-looks like a hatchback and if it were to come out, they would have to make it look modern ;) .

American cars IMO are just ugly. Except for the ford GT. No offense to any of you.